Sputtering engine at 4000 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that's probably be cause there is a problem in the installation of the chip, take out J1 jumper so the ecu doesn't use the chip and it should work like a virgin one !

That was one of the first things we tried. :D First we tried running the ECU with the chip, then without, then with a new one with the same base map burned on it and no dice. Hopefully my car will be ready tomorrow and I will give an update as to what the problem was...at least with mine.

Could be due to a bad throttle position sensor
Coil starting to go bad
Check the wires on the TPS sensor and make sure they aren't popping out of place.
Spark plug wires/Bad plugs make sure you have the propper gap.
Check the valve lash on your valves to make sure they aren't closed.
Cap and rotor corosion or worn contact.

too zen as always, hey is ractive a shity brand or what?

reactive is one of those general brands that you might find alot cheapr than the name brand stuff.
reactive is one of those brands that is in the same generic brand catagorie as APC and to some extent BLOX
i mean they are ok brands if that is what you got but they probably wont win you any car shows.
you know what they say .... you get what you pay for

I have an answer as to why my RPM's were getting stuck at 4,000. As I was thinking, the P28 that was sold to me was originally from an automatic. When it was converted, the soldering wasn't done cleanly enough and it was touching other connections. The person cleaned it up, I got my car back today, it was plugged in and yes, WE HAVE VTEC! haha

reactive is one of those general brands that you might find alot cheapr than the name brand stuff.
reactive is one of those brands that is in the same generic brand catagorie as APC and to some extent BLOX
i mean they are ok brands if that is what you got but they probably wont win you any car shows.
you know what they say .... you get what you pay for

its just the brand of shit buddy who owned the car b4 seem to grab all the time. good to know.

Back