stock civic radiator???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xisco44

hi im about to swap a b18a1 into my civic eg8 im missing the axles where can i get them for cheap, also my mechanic is asking me to put an aftermarket radiator on my (civic EL motor d15 with carburator latin america) he says that if i use my stock raidator with the swap the car is going to overheat how true is this.

Get the axles from a pre 93 Integra if you have the halfshaft from the motor, or if you don't have the halfshaft, you can get the axle halfshafts from a 94+ Integra.

As for teh radiator, I'd replace that one, but an aftermarket one isn't nescessary, just find a DelSol (possibly called a CRX where you're at) with a DOHC, or an Integra, and make a couple brackets to hold it in.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 21 2005, 12:27 PM
Get the axles from a pre 93 Integra if you have the halfshaft from the motor, or if you don't have the halfshaft, you can get the axle halfshafts from a 94+ Integra.

As for teh radiator, I'd replace that one, but an aftermarket one isn't nescessary, just find a DelSol (possibly called a CRX where you're at) with a DOHC, or an Integra, and make a couple brackets to hold it in.
[post=502015]Quoted post[/post]​

hi thanks for the fast reply a friend of mine has a stock ITR radiator that he is willing to sell me for cheap but i dont know if can fit on the car because i have the radiator from the a/c.

Even with A/C you will have plenty of room. I have a B series and A/C the compressor isn't there, but the fan and condensor are where the Integra radiator would be.

wOTIyNjAwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

i would like to keep my a/C radiator are you sure that there is room for a huge ITR radiator on a civic eg8 chasis?

Not if you want to keep teh condensor, you should go with a DelSol vtec one, or a Fluidyne/Koyo style one like the one pictured.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 21 2005, 05:14 PM
Not if you want to keep teh condensor, you should go with a DelSol vtec one, or a Fluidyne/Koyo style one like the one pictured.
[post=502059]Quoted post[/post]​

hi i would put a double panel radiator ;D thanks

b16a1 pistons pr3
93 ls transmission
stock cam, stock head
gsr stock header
rim 15 190 50 r15 treadware 40 toyo ra1
stock clutch
2.5 exhaust
universal muffler
SRI
p28 ecu

how much whp should i be expecting and 1/4 mile time on a civic 92 4 door at sea level

Originally posted by xisco44@May 21 2005, 09:52 PM
b16a1 pistons pr3
93 ls transmission
stock cam, stock head
gsr stock header
rim 15 190 50 r15 treadware 40 toyo ra1
stock clutch
2.5 exhaust
universal muffler
SRI
p28 ecu

how much whp should i be expecting and 1/4 mile time on a civic 92 4 door at sea level
[post=502100]Quoted post[/post]​

WHP - 140 - 145

1/4 mile time with a GOOD driver - high 15s to low 16s.

Back