Story of the day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
This is a good one

Los Angeles police hunting mystery man likened to Jason Bourne | Perth Now

LOS Angeles police are hunting a mystery man who fled as they raided his apartment, leaving behind piles of bogus cash, high-tech counterfeiting equipment and weapons.

The Los Angeles Times quoted police officers as saying that the 33-year-old suspect escaped from his high-rise apartment via a back window in a scene reminiscent of the Bourne Identity action films.

"He escaped like Jason Bourne," Los Angeles Police Department deputy chief Mike Downing of the Counter-Terrorism Bureau, told the Times.

After being given the slip, detectives discovered stacks of counterfeit $US100 bills totaling $US15,000, sophisticated counterfeiting equipment, a camera tripod and a cache of weapons including an AK-47 assault rifle.

Police also discovered multiple identification documents including passports under different aliases, leaving them wondering who exactly they are hunting, the Times reported.

The $US3400-a-month penthouse's balcony was also directly opposite the US Federal Reserve Building in downtown LA.

"The curiosity in this case is the strategic location in which he chose to operate," Deputy Chief Downing said.

The suspect has been named as Brian Alexik, a 33-year-old from New Jersey. A man described as an associate of Alexik was arrested on Thursday.

But police admit they do not know what Alexik's plan was.

"There were many levels of criminality," Deputy Chief Downing told the Times. "He's funding a criminal enterprise. He's dabbling in narcotics, he's manufacturing weapons parts. But what is it? Was there a bigger plan? What was his intent?

"We have a lot of questions for him when he is arrested."

I was reading up on this yesterday. That is some pretty crazy shit.

Interesting... they failed to note his ethnicity. He must be Caucasian otherwise the media would be all over this shit.

Hey, if hes evading the police. More power to him. So long as he doesn't hurt anyone innocent. Go for it.

"The curiosity in this case is the strategic location in which he chose to operate," Deputy Chief Downing said.

I guess in theory if your really close to something you don't suspect it as much. Like if I decide to sell drugs right out side of a police station. Obviously I'm not going to get the retarded crack heads for business but instead a more mature client that can actually keep his shit on the down. Also who would really suspect someone to do something so close. Its too stupid to be really considered. Just a theory though, but at the same time you can also be easier to watch.

Back