strange issue with b20 need help out of ideas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cueballB20

My car- 91 integra gs. 98 jem B20B running obd0 electronics and harness. I bought it this way from a tow yard for 500$.

At low throttle (10-30%) the engine hesitates and spudders almost as if timing is SERIOUSLY off. Lurches in and out of power band. No backfiring although it feels like there would be. Once you put the pedal to the floor the thing runs great nice and smooth lots of power.
Checked timing w/gun. Its perfect.
Replaced ignition from the rotor to the plugs.
Checked all electrical connections twice.
Throwing code 13 (barometric pressure sensor) I can't seem to find a straight awnser on where this sensor is. Some say its located on the passenger kick panel. Others say its inside the Ecu. Both of those statements make no sense wouldn't it need tosend be integrated to the intake or at the very least under the hood? This issue comes and goes. Completely random so far. Feels like trying to run a very cold engine wide open throttle.

A huge thanks in advance to any suggestions. I bought this car so I could sell my truck and get me and my wife into a house as we are expecting in april.

Thanks you guys.

91 Aura Integra
98 JDM B20B swapped
AEM cold air intake
Greddy header
Custom exhaust

Last edited:
its going to be in the engine bay. it may be on the tb or on the firewall. you probably have the TPS and MAP sensor plugs switched.

Throttle positioning and map sensor plugs? Ok I'll switch them. Thank you.

91 Aura Integra
98 JDM B20B swapped
AEM cold air intake
Greddy header
Custom exhaust

Back