Strut Bars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
What should I get. I was looking at spending 250 combined. I finally decided to run the JDM ITR rear Sway bar (23mm) if this would effect what to get. What brands, and no one say DC sport. Is the 4 point Neuspeed one any good. I was thinking skunk2 rear. Any other suggestions and also any places to get them cheap.

coincidentally, I have been looking for new strut bars too. I've found that Comptech makes pretty much the best I've seen. Nopi.com is a great place to look, they have a good selection and price range. I would also reccomend skunk2 from what I have seen. H-P racing also makes a decent looking bar at an excellent value. Mugen also looks like a really nice piece, but it is also expensive. I'm not sure about swaybars. I think suspension tech makes one of the best.

the neuspeed strut bar is rock solid! my car instantly felt more responsive...and it looks tite with the new polished finish.
s3e6e604118bb6.jpg

ive got the neuspeed front and the skunk2 rear on my sol ... love em :)
:thumbsup:

any bars will be fine , any brand too, shit you could have one made even and it woud be just as good. carbing huh i guess since its jdm it has to be better than the rest.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Apr 11 2003, 10:59 AM
any bars will be fine , any brand too, shit you could have one made even and it woud be just as good. carbing huh i guess since its jdm it has to be better than the rest.

when since is carbing jdm? i thought it was a company out of CA, but hey, that's just me <_<
carbing makes best suspension stiffeners for hondas, bottom line.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 11 2003, 12:07 PM
lol alright. I think thats pretty hard to judge. Whats it cost , 300$ a bar?

I think that It is a little more than that. also, that style bar is not alloud in autox, it says that it must be strait across. I would love the carbing stage 2 or 3 bar but the price is insane.

i thought it was jdm but if its not then shoot me its still a waste of money. whats the difference between a spoon bar and neuspeed bar? price.

from comparing several bars i like the mounting points a lot better for the neuspeed bars than prretty much all of the other bars ive seen

ive never seen the carbing bar. anyone got pics?

i'm using a cheap ass front sway bar (design freedom) and spoon rear strut bar (skunk2 is identical) with ITR rear sway bar, and spoon lower tie bar. this combo fucking kicks ass on the road course, the car has great rotation on the turns, i LOVE it.

asmallsol, are you getting a kit with that rear sway bar? i recommend beaks, i'm using it, and it has held up damn well so far.

The spoon rear tie bar will fit when you have the ITR sway bar on there. I thought that unless the orignal design intended there to be a rear tie bar, running a rear tie bar and sway bar couldn't be done.(unless it is like comptechs or st sway/tie bar. That is great to hear. If I am running ITR Rear Lower control arms, i thought that the beaks kit was not needed

A pic of the carbing bar is here
lsturbo_10.jpg

(bad ass engine bay also, can keep up with a viper (search viper vs. 98 civic)

that is one meaty strutbar there, i likes :)
yes, i was able to fit them both, with the beaks kit, they have a kit to fit the lower tie bar and sway bar together for EG's, guess the EG's are different in that aspect. i would still get a renfocment, because i dont think the lca's will affect your chances of chassis tear. i could be wrong, do some research, just thought i'd throw the thought out there for ya.

im curious would it be better to go stock upgrade from the ITR sway bar or go with a aftermarket one??

The ITR sway bar is a pretty beefy sway bar from the factory. The USDM one is 22 and the JDM one is 23mm, a size identical to many sway bars. The comptech bar cost alot more yet it still is only 22mm. The only one that really beats it in performance is the mugen at 26mm, however, this bar is $370

Back