Supremem Court Dishes out some Justice!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's what fuckin pisses me off more than anything, is when you politely tell them you're not interested BUT THEY KEEP CALLING ANYWAY.

I guess the republicans need more toy soldiers for their sandbox.

Quoted post[/post]]
i hate army recruiters.

i have ZERO probelm with them going to schools. Thats cool. It's no different than a college or job fair IMO.

I have a big problem when they call you ever 10 min for each branch from age 16-19 and when you say no they call you a pussy who doesn't want to serve his country-- in so many words.

I told a few of them i was gay, had a fake leg, a metal plate in my head, and was 450 lbs just so they would stop calling my fucking house.

but hey, whatever works for them.

Hahaha.

Recruiters called my friend constantly for about 2 years. One day he picked up the phone and . . .

Rec: Hi is dave there? This is so n' so from the army . ..
Dave: No dave died in a car accident last week.
Rec: Sorry to hear that . . . crossed off list . . . etc. . . . click

I have never been bothered by recruiters in all my life.

Also, Chris: they were right about the shit everyday.

i'd also like to point out that there was NO problem recruiting prior to the bullshit war...

and by bullshit war i mean iraq, not afghanistan...
actually i don't think they ever needed recruiters after 9/11 except to handle the overwhelming amounts of people wanting to serve in the forces...

Quoted post[/post]]

What you need to realize is that not everyone that you label as liberal agrees with everything that liberals do. Not allowing recruiters on campus denies freedom of choice and I'm strongly against that, liberal as I'm labeled.

However, what you arn't realizing is that these are private campuses so they have the right to deny anyone they don't want on their campus, and that is their freedom. The gov shouldn't be able to tell a private univeristy who can and can't do buisness on their grounds.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Citizen Insane for teh w1n !

They aren't telling private schools they have to do something

Just just say if they don't do it, they'll not do it without federal money

and that's their right lol

Economic sanctions are just as effective as political ones...without fedral money some schools would croak, so it effectivly forces them to accept it. The argument really lies in weather or not fedral education money should have anything to do with the military...and I believe that the answer to that question is no. I guess I could see it benifiting studnets via ROTC....but I'm still holding my ground b/c I don't think someone should have to sell their soul to the government for an education. Educating people and then killing them off doesn't really seem like an inteligent way to go about things in my opinion.

ROTC is an agreement between a student and the military, it's a symbiotic agreement. Those people who "sell their souls" go on to protect your right to say such uneducated things!

I suppose your comfortable with the fact that Yale has a member of the Taliban attending class this year? You people really need to get your ducks in a row. The military is among a slew of other groups in this nation that are in place to help the community and our nation as a whole. Groups like the Boy scouts who raise children to understand that they are responsible for their actions and to act accordingly. I got news for you FREEDOM ISN'T FREE! And shame on you for obviously feeling that you are above national service!

Let me break it down for you, I'll even spell it out in 4th grade vocab so you can follow

Our brothers and sisters serving in the armed forces, all of them, even the recruiters, represent the best of who we are as Americans. And when you see them you should thank them, and be happy that they are alive to receive your thanks..

You don't like it? Start driving North. You might want to look for the French part of the country

It's obvious that you and some of the authors of articles didnt read the NYT article on Rahmatullah. I'm guessing you found a conservative article (all i could find online besides paying for NYTimes) that lambasts him for being the "mouthpiece for an evil regime", or something to that effect, though he didnt hold any real office within the Taliban. He was a translator, and later an independant diplomat, of the foriegn office. The Taliban didnt pay for him to come and speak here in 2001, Mike Hoover (CBS journalist) did.

Some of the "journalists" that have written articles on the matter clearly haven't read the NYT's piece. They speculate:
"Yale refuses to comment on how Hashemi's tuition — almost $160,000 for four years — is being paid"
and
"Another unanswered question is how a former member of a now non-existent government can cover the $31,460 Yale tuition and fees and $9,540 room and board costs."
The original articles says that his friends (the CBS guy and others) have created a foundation to raise money for his education, seeking donations. Rahmatullah doesn't even have degree-status yet; he had to apply for foriegn non-degree status, pass three semesters and then apply this spring to be considered for a degree.

To say he is so guilty of being a member of the Taliban would be to try every german soldier of war crimes and genocide. No one can be summed up by one word very easily. So quit telling people to get their priorities straight, and get your facts straight first.

P.S. The "don't like it? leave it!" argument is getting trite.

I was waiting for someone to come in and throw down some actual information as opposed to mindless conservative zealotry.

$9,540 room and board costs

Oh my god... I've seen Yale, it's NICE. And apparently, it's cheaper than my apartment...

Sign me up !

Quoted post[/post]]
It's obvious that you and some of the authors of articles didnt read the NYT article on Rahmatullah. I'm guessing you found a conservative article (all i could find online besides paying for NYTimes) that lambasts him for being the "mouthpiece for an evil regime", or something to that effect, though he didnt hold any real office within the Taliban. He was a translator, and later an independant diplomat, of the foriegn office. The Taliban didnt pay for him to come and speak here in 2001, Mike Hoover (CBS journalist) did.

Some of the "journalists" that have written articles on the matter clearly haven't read the NYT's piece. They speculate:
"Yale refuses to comment on how Hashemi's tuition — almost $160,000 for four years — is being paid"
and
"Another unanswered question is how a former member of a now non-existent government can cover the $31,460 Yale tuition and fees and $9,540 room and board costs."
The original articles says that his friends (the CBS guy and others) have created a foundation to raise money for his education, seeking donations. Rahmatullah doesn't even have degree-status yet; he had to apply for foriegn non-degree status, pass three semesters and then apply this spring to be considered for a degree.

To say he is so guilty of being a member of the Taliban would be to try every german soldier of war crimes and genocide. No one can be summed up by one word very easily. So quit telling people to get their priorities straight, and get your facts straight first.

P.S. The "don't like it? leave it!" argument is getting trite.

Well it took a day but finally someone decided to touch what I said, let me see if I can help complete the details

Rahmatullah's education is being fully paid for by the "International Education Foundation" which was founded by Mike Hoover, who admittedly had pre 911 ties to the Taliban. Hoover was even in negotiations with the Taliban to interview Bin Laden when the planes struck the towers

Rahmatullah goes up for review for degree status in April or May, and is expected to pass. While Yale will not allow ROTC due to discrimination against gays, apparently they have no problem with a man who was once in an organization that would cut of a woman's hand if she wore nail polish.

Which brings me to his Taliban affiliation. While the Taliban did not pay for his 2001 trip he was a full member of the Taliban where he worked as a spokesman and apologist after we kicked their asses. As he was an active, productive member of the Taliban party I would not equate him to a German Soldier in WWII but rather an active productive member of the Nazi party. Someone like that DOES share in the responsibility for the crimes against humanity committed by the government they were working for.

The only facts I have left to un-earth are Why Yale would allow anyone with a 4th grade education and a GED in regardless of political affiliation, and lastly why have the other members of Mr. Hoover's "foundation" chosen to remain anonymous?

sadly enough the awnsers to both those questions seem to rest firmly in political agenda

and I meant it, drive north

Nice post. Bookmark that one for your blog.

A really good, yet wildly overlooked aspect here, is how this kid deserves to be in Yale. He lacks any of the requirements to even apply to yale.

As he was an active, productive member of the Taliban party I would not equate him to a German Soldier in WWII but rather an active productive member of the Nazi party.

this is like saying the republican national party is responsible for the prisoner abuses in iraq...

the nazi party was a POLITICAL party...

The only facts I have left to un-earth are Why Yale would allow anyone with a 4th grade education and a GED in regardless of political affiliation
they couldn't let bush and then discriminate against this guy...

and you guys acuse me of mindless zealotry

you can't compare republicans to the Taliban/Nazi's

what happened at Abu-Graib (sp?) was an incident, an incident which is not going unpunished by the american government in the least.

The terrible things done by the Taliban and Nazi parties were government backed and cannot be rationaly comparred to some hazing in Iraq

carpool with tommy...

I take that back, tommy uses information and thought process when he argues, even if he is wrong :)... sorry tommy!

bull fucking shit you can't
the nazi party was a political party and there were plenty of nazi's who had no part in the killings etc of jews and other minorities...
i think most of germany had no clue as to what was really happening at those concentration camps...

what happened at Abu-Ghraib (sp?) was an incident, an incident which is not going unpunished by the american government in the least.

The terrible things done by the Taliban and Nazi parties were government backed and cannot be rationaly comparred to some hazing in Iraq
ok, where to start...
an incident???
no my friend, you are very wrong, this is happening in every prison run by american or iraqi forces in iraq...
and you call scapegoating a couple american soldiers for these torture policies instated from the top down to be punishment?
and a pentagon policy of "taking the gloves off" would be considered by many to be gov't backed

and hazing?
you are either incredibly deluted or just fucking stupid
getting your ass wacked with a wooden paddle is hazing
chugging water is hazing
having voltage hooked up to your fucking nuts is torture
sitting in a cold room naked being covered in water and beaten periodically is torture, not hazing

Quoted post[/post]]
bull fucking shit you can't
the nazi party was a political party and there were plenty of nazi's who had no part in the killings etc of jews and other minorities...
i think most of germany had no clue as to what was really happening at those concentration camps...

what happened at Abu-Ghraib (sp?) was an incident, an incident which is not going unpunished by the american government in the least.

ok, where to start...
an incident???
no my friend, you are very wrong, this is happening in every prison run by american or iraqi forces in iraq...
and you call scapegoating a couple american soldiers for these torture policies instated from the top down to be punishment?
and a pentagon policy of "taking the gloves off" would be considered by many to be gov't backed

and hazing?
you are either incredibly deluted or just fucking stupid
getting your ass wacked with a wooden paddle is hazing
chugging water is hazing
having voltage hooked up to your fucking nuts is torture
sitting in a cold room naked being covered in water and beaten periodically is torture, not hazing

Your still dodging the issue, this man was not only a member of the Taliban he was a government figure, a spokesman, who admitted to knowing about the horrible things going on at the time

STOP THE PRESSES!

You got some proof of these allegations? No you don't. Bitter people like Al Gore who can't find enough intelligent ground to stand on fabricate information like this to use against the GOP. And people like you believe it. I suppose you believe in the secret prisions for muslims in the US as well...

What's worse you pass it along as if you know about it first hand. I served in the Armed Forces, I know the moral fiber these people are made of and 99% of them wouldn't be caught dead torturing another human. And those who would are quickly identified and court marshaled. Had their been any real substance to these stories, and that's exactly what they are, we wouldn't be able to pick up a news paper without reading about it a rightfully so.

So unless you have something other then extreme left wing quotes from people who use there nationality as Americans against their own country I suggest you shut your mouth. The ridiculousness you speak only furthers to alienate the decent liberals of the world who care about this country from their political affiliation

now go sit down and let the adults finish their discussion

Back