Suspension problems, please help me!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

ok my setup is koni yellow adjustable shocks, eibach sportline springs, hankook ventus tires on 16 in wheels tho i want to go with 17s soon.
the ride seems ok, and the corners seem like they will be great

THE PROBLEM:
Car feels like its on its tippy toes when its driving, it kinda wanders at times and seems to want to pull left or right depending on situation, it like i said basically feels like the cars on its tip ties, i need to sort this out, it feels dangerous to drive it like this.
please give me some help as soon as you can
thanks in advance.

maybe your toe is way off? does it make any squeking noise?...only other thing I could think of is that your tread on your tires is at a point..but that almost never happens...unless it was a defective tire...which i've never heard of a tire like that lol...

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jul 24 2005, 01:07 AM
maybe your toe is way off? does it make any squeking noise?...only other thing I could think of is that your tread on your tires is at a point..but that almost never happens...unless it was a defective tire...which i've never heard of a tire like that lol...
[post=530323]Quoted post[/post]​

I've had a defective tire. The thing would ALWAYS pull left. I put my first set of aftermarket wheels on, and it tracked fine. 4 sets of wheels/tires later, and I never had a problem after that.

Yea, you should really consider an alignment. They are around 40 a peice if you shop around.

yeah your wheels might be like this
(/)---(\) tilted in

or (\)---(/) out

you want (|)---(|) 'cept for some certain situations.

also, your car can track in a straight line fine even if your alignment is off. If everything is equally bad like both tires are seriously toe in or out.

Most alignment places will check your alignment for free since they know that if its off your pretty much going to get an alignment through them. Go ahead and take it to a national chain like Just Tires or something to that effect and have them check it.

main thing you can do to check if your toe is out is look at the thread on your tires...is the inner most part of them wore down or the outer most part?..I had put a camber kit on my car and like 4 days of driving on it with HORRIBLE toe my inner most tire was showing steel belts...glad I hadn't bought my good tires yet..lol

Or maybe it's because you have a bigger tire and it is being pulled depending on the road. Front wheel drives are like that.

Back