System Draining my battery!?!?!?!?!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

alright, well about six months ago my system started draining my battery, so when I would park for the night, i would take the amp wire off the battery and everything would be fine, well after i but the b20 in, i hooked it back up and it was fine for about a month and kniow its doing it again!!! I know its not that battery, ( I changed it) and my alternator was fine when i had it checked the first time it was draining, so any ideas/experience with this???

check the amps wiring... you may have the "b+" and "remote" wires hooked up wrong.

The b+ should be connected directly to your batteries positive post

And the remote should be connected to a 12 volt source that turns on when your RADIO is turned on. Most radios come with a wire built into their harness that is to be used in conjunction with an amp. This wire provides the "remote" power source when the radio is on.

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Dec 26 2003, 01:36 PM
check the amps wiring... you may have the "b+" and "remote" wires hooked up wrong.

The b+ should be connected directly to your batteries positive post

And the remote should be connected to a 12 volt source that turns on when your RADIO is turned on. Most radios come with a wire built into their harness that is to be used in conjunction with an amp. This wire provides the "remote" power source when the radio is on.

just checked it, there right, thanks for the idea though!

get a multimeter, and check what the parasitic draw is, then when you find out what the draw is start disconnecting things . it could be as simple as the interior light or it could be the amp. when you disconnect something if it doesn't take the draw away then hook it back up. when you lose the draw then youve found the problem. <_<

Back