T25 Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RFHOMI2U

I don't have any AR/CFM Ratings on this, the ones i am looking at don't show any, and it is my understanding that all t25's are the same. I am interested in putting a T25 on my D16Z6, and I'm wondering if the internal wastegate on it will be good for my motor. I want a wastegate set at like 7psi, but i don't know what the 2g dsm wastegates are set for. Would it just be better buying an external wastegate? I would rather use the stock one if it is possible.

you can't use an external wastegate on an internally gated turbo. Well, maybe physically you CAN do it, but it won't work right at all.

IMO, internal gates suck. the only plus side to them is that they are emission legal in cali.

for a d16z6, i would run a 14g

Originally posted by iwouldhitit@Feb 12 2003, 04:23 AM
what about a t25 on a b18?? just wondering cause i scored a free t25 :D :D

I wouldnt do the t25 on a b series, its a weak ass turbo and it will spool quickly...no power at high end

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 12 2003, 01:49 AM
you can't use an external wastegate on an internally gated turbo. Well, maybe physically you CAN do it, but it won't work right at all.

B, perhaps you can explain why you think that they will not work right. Its been done many times, and it works fine from what ive seen.

wastegate actuator must be removed
flapper door must be welded shut
Create a external wastegate flange on the manifold

right- if you basically make the internal gated turbo a nongated, you are ok.

but otherwise, it doens't work good

Back