Tell the worst car you had ever drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1984 Renault Alliance. French car. My first car. It sucked. But I had a car to drive in high school. lol

1994 Fiat Cinquecento

800 lb car, with 38 BHP at the crank (supposedly). Bald tires, and rear brakes that didn't work, or worked too well, depending on the mood. The 4-cylinder 899cc engine got about 20mpg if you babied it, and utilized pulse and glide. The entire engine bay was covered in leaking oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and battery acid.

That was my first car. It later became my little brother's first car. Then it became some other person's first car.

I could go on for a while, but top 3

78 Dodge Ramcharger Auto- Big as hell, slow as a go cart

2005 Chevy Aveo 5 speed- No power.. no nothing really

2005 PT Cruiser Convert Auto- Uncomfortable, and barely fit my ass in it.

As a valet I drove some really nice cars and some "how the fuck does this still move" cars.

There was an 80 something Buick that seemed alright when I got in. Driving to a spot it popped out of gear twice. It was an automatic. Had to put it into neutral then back into drive to get it to work. Got it to a spot, pop it in reverse, look over my shoulder and tap the gas. The car moved forward. I forget were the shifter had to be to go in reverse, but it wasn't the R. Best part was the lady that owned it said nothing to me when she dropped it off or picked it up. And didn't tip me.

And this is going to sound racist, but Orthodox Jews as a whole have the worst cars known to man. Everyone one has lights lit up on the dash, body damage or mismatched panels, and they are dirty as hell. And the smell, OH MY GOD! Fucking terrible. I had to throw out the pants and shirt I was wearing that day because the smell would not leave the material. It was so bad I had to throw out another shirt that I washed with the clothes because it "acquired" the smell. And out of the 200+ cars we parked that day, our 8 man crew earned $0 in tips.

'93 GMC Jimmy

Gutless as all sin, shitty exhaust with a shitty instalation, leaky heater core, bald ass tires, a back window that squeaked no matter what I did, rust and clay everywhere (came from Oklahoma), eventually reverse went out, shocks so bad they might as well have not been there, and right before I sold it there was nothin left on the brake pads.

I had fun in it. Hot boxed it when I usta smoke, drank in it like it was a bar, got laid in it like a hotel bed, drove it like a NASCAR. Then to top it off someone hit and I got almost 3 times as much money as I tried to sell it for BEFORE it was in bad shape lol.

Both were rental cars.
2008 Toyota Corolla *Auto* (small, blah, uncomfortable, and no power)
2008 Chevy Cobalt *Auto* (small, uncomfortable, no power)

1981 vw rabbit, convertible, bought it for $800.00, put around $3000.00 and sold it for $600.00.

^^^sounds like my friends jetta, germans:p

worst car was 87 bmw 325e auto, got better gas mileage at 90mph than it did at 60, and sneaky as hell, next thing you know you're damn near hitting 100. tickets suck.

followed closely by having new cars when theyre really new, 01 focus in 01, right before f&f came out, I was kicking myself every time a honda whooped me in a race.

05 chev cobalt tried to kill me when I tried to drive backroads like I was in a civic. rear axle FTMFL

My friends 89' Jeep Wagoneer, 1st gear and reverse only, one front brake, and ran on 5 cylindars. Made a nice woods rig though. :D

i'd have to say an automatic '87 Hyundai Accel or whatever the hell it was.. i paid $300 for it after i totaled my old CRX .. it was just to get to and from work.. it went 55 mph tops.. hahah .. and took about 3 minutes to get there too... to say the least i drove the shit outta that car until it just stopped running one day.. sold it to a junkyard for $150 after i was done abusing it

1988 Bronco II. Terrible truck all around. It was my neighbors and I took it for a spin when I was looking to buy my first car. Took it around the neighborhood and when I got back all I could do was laugh in his face. I could go on and on about it but I'll spare you guys...

I will have to say that an 03 PT cruiser is on my list. ( Borrowed a friends and you sit like straight up in those things and no leg room)but also a new honda element. I loved the car before I got in it but it was really uncomfy and also a TON of blindspots thru the whole cabin. I was kinda bummed caused I wanted one of those or a new scion and after driving both of em decided neither.

eg, you just spiked the google searches for hyundai excel... Shit, i didn't think they were even a company back then.

Trinity said:
I was kinda bummed caused I wanted one of those or a new scion
It must be the vagina.

Last edited:
just like this, but dark grey

88-89_Hyundai_Excel_Sedan.jpg

92 Jetta n/a that my friend got for free. The auto trans was fucked up so the only way that it would get going is if you reved it to redline. At that point the trans would slam into 1st gear and off you'd go. It was pretty entertaining driving around town. My friend had really beat on the car hard, and both front tie rods were bent. Talk about a scary ride once up to speed. Let's see, the exhaust had fallen off after the cat, and the doors on the driver's side of the car wouldnt open because it had been side swiped. By far the biggest pos I've driven.

Another car that comes close is an 89' 240sx my buddy had. The front shock tower mounts had rusted through, and the struts just wobbled and the car was bottomed out all the time. To fix it, he used some large c-clamps and clamped what was left of the shock mount to the frame rail. The hood was then cut so the ends of the c-clamps could fit. Unfortunately the car was put sideways into a telephone pole at 45mph. What a loss...

92 Jetta n/a that my friend got for free. The auto trans was fucked up so the only way that it would get going is if you reved it to redline. At that point the trans would slam into 1st gear and off you'd go. It was pretty entertaining driving around town. My friend had really beat on the car hard, and both front tie rods were bent. Talk about a scary ride once up to speed. Let's see, the exhaust had fallen off after the cat, and the doors on the driver's side of the car wouldnt open because it had been side swiped. By far the biggest pos I've driven.

Another car that comes close is an 89' 240sx my buddy had. The front shock tower mounts had rusted through, and the struts just wobbled and the car was bottomed out all the time. To fix it, he used some large c-clamps and clamped what was left of the shock mount to the frame rail. The hood was then cut so the ends of the c-clamps could fit. Unfortunately the car was put sideways into a telephone pole at 45mph. What a loss...

The guy with the 240 wasnt named Johnny G by chance?

The guy with the 240 wasnt named Johnny G by chance?

Are you fucking serious? Yes that would be the guy. Wow what a small world. I believe he moved on to driving shitty Altimas.

Back