Test Drove a 2006 Eclipse GT-V6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by adnoh@Aug 3 2005, 01:24 PM
Cool looking car, but not a shread of what an Eclipse should be.....Light, Turbo, and AWD.
[post=535257]Quoted post[/post]​

they already have one of those, why would they make another one - Lancer.

if you took the eclipse out of the Mitsu lineup how many Mitsu cars can you name...?

More importantly how many cars in the Mitsu lineup can females (you know, that other 50% of the population) name?

the new Eclipse scores big with the chicks. Mitsu knows what they are doing.

I saw one in Houston yesterday... the first thing I thought was "overgrown Scion tC with an Audi TT looking rear end". It's fucking HUGE. The wheel wells have that same old school 2G Eclipse feel to them though, so they got something right. Too bad "I look like a monster truck on tiny wheels" isn't a good look to keep going around.

On Mitsubishi not making the Eclipse a small light car with tons of power- they can't make a model that overlaps the Evo's market.

i've seen a few. I hate them. I don't even like looking at them.

Yea, it may do well in the female market. Eclipse's always leaned more towards the female market anyway

the new eclipses suck.

last i knew my mitsubishi was extremely reliable. more so than the 3 hondas i had.

i hate DSMs. sure they can be quick. the reason they are unreliable is because they get modded and beat to fuck and neglected. any car can be reliable given you take care of it.

on another note - i just purchased a 93 Talon ESi. 103k miles, with all maintenance done to it. needs shocks and nothing else. just had the tranny rebuilt and a new clutch tossed in. no rust. black on black. cost me 300 bucks. say hello to my winter beater.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 9 2005, 12:48 PM
the new eclipses suck.

last i knew my mitsubishi was extremely reliable. more so than the 3 hondas i had.

i hate DSMs. sure they can be quick. the reason they are unreliable is because they get modded and beat to fuck and neglected. any car can be reliable given you take care of it.

on another note - i just purchased a 93 Talon ESi. 103k miles, with all maintenance done to it. needs shocks and nothing else. just had the tranny rebuilt and a new clutch tossed in. no rust. black on black. cost me 300 bucks. say hello to my winter beater.
[post=537882]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a friend with a 92 tsi fwd with over 200k on the stock motor,trans, and axles..... he takes really REALLY good care of that car and has owned it since it was 2 years old

Back