The official HalfLife 2 thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HL2...I hate HL, but loved DoD, and CS, it will be worth it to buy just for the multiplayer, single player on HL1 was HORRID.

DoD is one of my pagan gods. This game will be worth it almost just for the amazing things that are going to come out of the mod community.

Dude, I played Halo2 for the first time with my brother's friends multiplayer and I got pwned bad! I love the vehicles though, just mowing down the players running on foot is awesome, and getting missiled by players on foot while I try to mow them down is pretty fun too.

...Since when did we decide that this thread should be poisoned with Halo2 commentary? on topic dammit! ;)

I win in the worst system department!

P3 650 @ 866
384MB PC133 ram
Geforce 256 32mb video
20GB hard drive

I play Natural Selection almost every day on this system though, it's good enough for me. :)

I've been playing the World of Warcraft stress test on this system too, I can barely get acceptable frame rates with everything turned down, but most of the time it's good enough.

No Doom3 or HL2 for me, but hopefully we should have enough money for a new system for Christmas... My brother and I are collaborating this year to combine presents into a kick ass system. :)

AMD64 3200+ Socket 939 (The really good overclocker chip)
1GB PC3200 ram
Geforce 6800Ultra 256MB video (I may have to kick in a few hundred for this)
200GB Seagate (Woot for 5yr warranty!) hard drive

And then, just as before, I'm done buying computer parts for another half decade. :D

EDIT: Heh, funny. My system before my current one had a 2GB drive. I'm on a 20GB drive now, and planning on buying a 200GB drive next. I just keep tacking zeros onto my hard drive capacity. Will the drive I buy in 2009 be 2TB? :ph34r:

I'll upgrade mine when tax time rolls around. That's what I did this year when I got ripped off. Bought a Radeon 9800XT around the first of april. First of june, the X800 Pro comes out, twice as fast as the 9800XT and less money. Bloody hell. Damn the graphics card market.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Nov 17 2004, 11:36 AM
I'll upgrade mine when tax time rolls around. That's what I did this year when I got ripped off. Bought a Radeon 9800XT around the first of april. First of june, the X800 Pro comes out, twice as fast as the 9800XT and less money. Bloody hell. Damn the graphics card market.
[post=418219]Quoted post[/post]​

That's my theory for buying my graphics card. The videocard roadmap is a little clear at the moment, and buying a $500 graphics card now instead of one quite a bit cheaper for 80% of the performance should help future-proof my system for an extra year or so at the end of the computer's life.

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. :D

That's what I SHOULD have told myself. Really, though, I need to replace my memory and buy a matched gig. Anyone wanna buy 512MB OCZ DDR400? :p

Originally posted by DarkHand@Nov 17 2004, 01:26 PM
I win in the worst system department!

P3 650 @ 866
384MB PC133 ram
Geforce 256 32mb video
20GB hard drive

mine is either worse, or just as bad. :D

p4 1.6 ghz
384mb ram
RAGE 128 pro ultra gl video card
20gb hd

Back