This makes me sick I hate this crap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I live in california, you guys dont seem to undetstand, SOON. You guys need to stop bitching about how we have it bad and start working with us on tyring to do something. If we got all the car peopel from all the states, even the not effeceted ones to ocme together we could put a stop to it. There IS a better way to solve the pollution problems threw out all the states. WE ARE BEING PICKED ON, theres no doubt in my mind. The only thing i can see good about you guys geting the SAME laws as us would be that we can figure out how to get around them or work with them together. Two heads are better then one so two states has to be better then one too.

I'm all for smogging cars the problem I have is you can pay your way out of it.
it's a big money thing and yes I would be pissed if I had to pay 700 dollars extra every ten years.

I really hate the CA laws becuase you can't change things even if it runs as clean or cleaner. I ran into those problems in maryland with my old 280ZX Turbo however I paid at the time 200 or so bucks and they passed me. now it's 450 bucks. Even if your car is smoking really bad and has a check engine light if you pay the money........

As of right now every OBD2 car has to be hooked up to a computer to check everything out and then they put it on a dyno. all cars I believe 89 and up have to be dynoed.
older cars pre 90s get the tail pipe sniffer test.

Maryland has the smog check every 2 years.

they also check the pressure your gas cap holds, check for cats and any exhaust leaks.

So if we adapt the CA smogs laws we should do the same damn thing but every year VS two but that also means we have to open our hood and check to make sure everything is stock and if not we would need some stickers to give them the ok.

All I ask is that they smog the car using the dyno and if it passes then GREAT if not then fail the damn car and make it so they have 60 days to fix it or get another car.

None of this pay us 450 bucks and we'll pass you or let me make sure that your exhaust is stock and if not wheres your card.....

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 8 2004, 07:07 PM
Um dude...our smog checks are every two years. Chill out.

Dude, I don't want to insult you but, if you're actually that concerned about spending $700 over a ten year period, you're just being whinny and greedy.
[post=428871]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes I'm concerned about spending $700 every ten years. why is 700 a lot? no but when you add it to the other thousands of dollars I have to spend then yes it sucks

From tags, insruance, title fees, reg, then you factor in the already in place smog tests. county tax for roads oh wait the new CELL PHONE TAX um thankfully they voted no to a bill for taxing the internet. sure they don't have to do with cars but my point is it's another thing to tax us on. and in the end it all adds up.

I mean come on 700 is not a lot but when you have 50 other things you HAVE to pay for yes it adds up.

Originally posted by jeffie7+Dec 8 2004, 04:17 PM-->
@Dec 8 2004, 07:07 PM
Um dude...our smog checks are every two years.  Chill out.

Dude, I don't want to insult you but, if you're actually that concerned about spending $700 over a ten year period, you're just being whinny and greedy.

Yes I'm concerned about spending $700 every ten years. why is 700 a lot? no but when you add it to the other thousands of dollars I have to spend then yes it sucks

From tags, insruance, title fees, reg, then you factor in the already in place smog tests. county tax for roads oh wait the new CELL PHONE TAX um thankfully they voted no to a bill for taxing the internet. sure they don't have to do with cars but my point is it's another thing to tax us on. and in the end it all adds up.

I mean come on 700 is not a lot but when you have 50 other things you HAVE to pay for yes it adds up.
[post=428879]Quoted post[/post]​

your 700 every 10 years was based on doing a smog check every year, its every other year so cut that number in half. on new cars, it does not need to be smogged for 4 years, then every other year after that.

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 8 2004, 07:54 PM
How do you think roads get maintained and built? The money has to come from somewhere.
[post=428902]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah we have state tax, income tax, and so on.

I'm not bitching about paying tax I have no problem with that but my point was whats another 700 on top of everything else? it adds up if they can get that why not add something else and then something else........

Originally posted by B16+Dec 8 2004, 08:31 PM-->
Originally posted by jeffie7@Dec 8 2004, 04:17 PM
Blanco
@Dec 8 2004, 07:07 PM
Um dude...our smog checks are every two years. Chill out.

[post=428879]Quoted post[/post]​

your 700 every 10 years was based on doing a smog check every year, its every other year so cut that number in half. on new cars, it does not need to be smogged for 4 years, then every other year after that.
[post=428923]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats not so bad doing new cars every 4 years I do have a problem with my 350Z not being street legal becuase I have a JIC Y pipe and dual exhaust as with a Jim Woft Tech Pop Charger.

if anything I bet it burns cleaner.

Back