This one has got me kinda stumped

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
Alright...well my block is built and now I am starting on assembling the head and intake mani and get the fucker in the car.. running a D15B in a 92 CX hatch. So I figured since i am throwing a new header/exhaust/ITR cat, GSR TB,yada,yada on the bastard, why not upgrade the intake mani as well. So I went and picked up a bare y8 manifold and now I am running into some ish...

1. The CX IAC valve doesn't even come close to fitting the y8 mani..no sweat, let try the D15b...cool fits (as far as bolt holes go), but the sensors plug runs right into a casting "block" that sticks out from the manifold..SHIT!. So I am assuming I need a y8 IAC valve, but what about the plug on the harness side..same or do I need to get a plug also.

2. There is nowhere on the y8 manifold that has a place for the intake temp sensor (the little white plastic fucker with 2 screws on each side). whats the deal, did honda omit these in 96, or do they have another setup?

If anyone is running a y8 mani on an ODD1 SOHC, please respond if you know anything...oh yeah i included pics for you visual enjoyment...TIA

matt

mani w/d15b iac
23288544-M.jpg

IAT sensor??????????????
23288523-M.jpg

:worthy:

Don't know about the IAT, but on the IAC, get the plug too, and if nescessary just repin it into your harness. I assume you have a manual and will be able to match up the wires?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 28 2005, 06:23 PM
Don't know about the IAT, but on the IAC, get the plug too, and if nescessary just repin it into your harness. I assume you have a manual and will be able to match up the wires?
[post=504758]Quoted post[/post]​

thats what I figured, thats no sweat, but The IAT has got me stumped????

Sorry, I have had very little dealings with newer D series, and all my manuals stop at 95.

I have the EK 96-98 HELMS, but it doesn't mention shit as far as I see...I'll keep looking...

I drilled a hole into my intake and put the IAT in there, works fine no CEL, no hesitation.
I THINK that in 96-00 they used the IAT on the intake tubing instead of on the manifold. BTW i used the IAT from my d16z6 for my b16 swap, no probs.
001.jpg

Yea that's packing tape :(
I ran out of elec tape... i know i know...
hope that helps ya tho. :)

Vtecin5th, IO do believe your right. As soon as I read that, I remember looking at my buddies EX and hating that because it seemed like a pain to install a CAI.

got it...on EK's they locate it on the air box...now question #3..what if I drilled the mani and put it in the same location as the z6, or d15b. as long as it sealed and worked it seems like it would be just fine???? I mean shit, yours in in your intake tube and works. I just don't wanna mess with drilling intakes if I ever change them, the manifold is one thing though???

matt

We installed a CAI on my GFs 97s civic Ex and didnt rewire shit? weird because now that i think about it, putting a CAI on my friends 98 hatch we had to extend it like that? :huh:

its up to you, BUT, drilling an intake is a cheaper experiment :unsure:
I personally wouldnt go drilling into my IM, but that's me.

I hate OBD II :(

I would just do it on the intake, easier to replace than a manifold. And you can always use the Y8 intake as replacement for smog, or whatever reason you'd have to remove the CAI/SRI.

drilled the IM, no sweat tapped an done. I paid like $2o for the bare mani, so I figured if I killed it, no big, just keep the stock and get a SK2 or something. should be good. I'll post some pics in a bit...

Back