Throttle Positioning sensor questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IntegraB18LS

I have a 1995 Integra B18b1 engine in my 95 civic and the TP sensor is not giving the correct readings anymore and needs to be replaced. I went to several places and they all told me I need a whole new throttle body!?!? is that true? If so I have a D16z6 TB, will that work? I cant afford like 300 bucks for a new TB

Kyle

See if you can find one at a salvage lot. While you have it off the car, cut notches in the screws that hold them on. That way you can get them out with a flathead.

So if i cut notches in the screews that go into the sensor I can take them out and replace just the sensor? is there any problems aligning it? where can i get just a TPS? would one from a d16z6 work?

well, Honda wont sell just a tps sensor, you have to buy the whole throttle body.
you could probably get one of the D16, i think they use pretty much the same throttle body as the B series just smaller, like I know Bseries throttle bodies work on D series engines. so i dont see why not.

yes the little rivet things are actually screws, so use a dremel or something and cut the little knotches and use ur screw driver. you will have to use a volt meter and re adjust it when you get the new one.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Mar 25 2004, 09:07 PM
you will have to use a volt meter and re adjust it when you get the new one.

can you be alittle more specific with this? i took a tps off a civic and its going on my gsr (motor is sitting in the garage)

you can turn it to adjust it. you install the new used working tps sensor and connect the harness to it(after its in the car, installed) and at the red/blue wire(i belive)you connect the positive lead to it, and the negative lead to the ground. with the throttle body closed the voltage should read around .50v, if not turn the sensor till you get to .50v. at wide open the voltage should read around 4.8v.

read in the helms manual it tells you how to check the sensor, and adjust the voltage, incase you dont understand how I worded it.

Hey solblu, is it normal to have to line up the tps, put it on, and twist it to where the bolt holes for it are? Like when i put it on, i had to almost catch it in the right place, then line the tps up with the holes. Theres is a tiny bit or resistance when i am lining up the tps (i guess from the spring inside?) What im asking is kind of hard to explain, but hopefully you or someone can figure it out. B) PS, i took the tps off an older civic

Back