time for a new laptop....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not listed on ebay yet....
est. completed build date is jan 12th, + 5-7 day shipping. so i can't list my shit yet... how am i going to know if stuff sold if i sell my computer? lol

next week or so i'll be putting them up for auction. i'm still not sure if i want to part out my tower or sell it as whole.

all my tuning shit is going up too.. including my wideband.

as for the tosh. lappy, its a good deal, just not a good enough machine for what i want. he bought that for his sister so he could keep her tower :p

Before making all these large purchases you should get a feel for how your monthly bills will be.

Quoted post[/post]]
not listed on ebay yet....
est. completed build date is jan 12th, + 5-7 day shipping. so i can't list my shit yet... how am i going to know if stuff sold if i sell my computer? lol

next week or so i'll be putting them up for auction. i'm still not sure if i want to part out my tower or sell it as whole.

all my tuning shit is going up too.. including my wideband.

as for the tosh. lappy, its a good deal, just not a good enough machine for what i want. he bought that for his sister so he could keep her tower :p

well pm me the specifics on the wideband/burning stuffs, ive been borrowing one and i need mine own :)

B... What are the specs on the desktop? How much you want? I might want it minus the monitor... The P2-350 at the house just aint cutting it anymore...

I've been eyeballin a new dell, but there aren't any SCREAMING deals at the moment...

And I dont want to get the wife a laptop for the house... she'll break it... LOL.

Quoted post[/post]]
B... What are the specs on the desktop? How much you want? I might want it minus the monitor... The P2-350 at the house just aint cutting it anymore...

I've been eyeballin a new dell, but there aren't any SCREAMING deals at the moment...

And I dont want to get the wife a laptop for the house... she'll break it... LOL.

ive got some cheap laptops you could buy, and one of them is in the 1.5ghz range. i think it even has wireless.

No laptops for her... And besides... I don't want an acer Craptop... They are worse than my IBM's..

I'd LOVE an HP laptop... But for me, not the wife...

Naoh,

tower has that chaintech board i bought from corvette guy.
amd sempron 1.8ghz i think...
1.25 gb of ram (2 512's, 1 256) i think...

name brand dual layer dvd burner
no name old as shit 4x dvd reader
60gb hard drive
200 gb hard drive
decent case, 350 or 400 watt psu ...
linksys wireless pci card
nvidia 128mb agp card i think
extra usb pci card

i can get more details when i'm at home... this is all from memory

i'm thinking ~600 bucks for the whole box.

and i'll give you the monitor for free if you buy the tower whole :p i have no use for it.

Chris,

tuning gear i have:

i have a hondata s200 license installed on my laptop so i was planning to sell the whole thing as a kit w/ laptop... but i know you already have a laptop. (its a dell inspirion 1100 or something, 512mb, not sure on anything else off hand. it has crome, turboedit, hondata, winamp and aol on it. thats it. i never used it for anything else. if it has office on it, it came like that from dell... i forget, as i haven't used it in months. i don't even have firefox on it! lol thats how fresh it is.
screen is mint.
only "problem" is a couple keys are hard to push... i think theres some drit or something under the keyboard. if you press the key hard, it will type out though. "M" and "8" are known problems. it probably just needs to be cleaned.
has legit w/cd xp home, + all the crap that came with it.
dvd/cd reader... i dont think its a burner. i dunno, have to double check. battery is still good, lasts about 2.5 hours. i think its a 14.5" display. touch pad mouse 2 usb ports, no serial, linksys speedbooster wifi pcmcia card, etc etc.... i can get more details later...

other that that, for tuning i have

ostrich romulator
xtronics romulator
xtronics pocket programmer burner
burn1 burner
~20 ish amtel blank chips
1 keyspan usb-> serial adapter
innovative lm-1

i was thinking 1200 for everything (including laptop)

and that would make my laptop free :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Before making all these large purchases you should get a feel for how your monthly bills will be.

ok mom :p

as you can see, the cost is pretty much off-set by stuff i'm getting rid of.
the tv was left over cash i had from selling the civic.

i've ran my heat like twice so far. all the noobs next to me keep my place well above 60 at all times. i've actualyl had my windows open a couple times this month. lol
water is included.
i dont have a house phone.
i already paid my cable bill.

the only bill i really need to worry about is power... and i haven't gotten that one yet.
just got my coupon book for my mortgage yesterday, not due till jan 16th. condo fee is due jan 6th, and thats already written out...

i just need to get my sti back so i can go buy another car... i gave up on the bmw... i think i'm getting a 4-door accord :ph34r:

I'm interested be... But $600 for a 1.8ghz is wayyy steep... Even with everything it has... DVD Burners = $40 now, DVD-ROM = $10, etc etc...

The wife doesnt need a DVD burner... :p Maybe I'll wait until Feb and buy her the PC for her birthday.

nono for the desktop :wink:

and i wouldnt need the lappy. just the software/burner/datalogger/wideband.

the software can't be removed. which is why i am sellign the latop with it.

its a 1-shot install license for the hondata. you have to call hondata with each installation id.

i dont have crome pro on this laptop, so if you want the laptop, its for s200 only...

i have 2 burners.
2 romulators

No offense B... But your lookin 3 tops for that desktop...

And the Hondata software is still on my company thinkpad.. :cool: Thats the only reason I don't want to get rid of it... Even though I don't own any hondas anymore... LOL.

i'm prob going to part out the desktop... i have like 5 paper ream boxes full of misc parts/drives/cards/etc

Back