too much traction or not enough?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

machine

Banned
it's midnight, I'm feeding my baby and The F&F is on. Stop booing. The scene where the car pulls off the line and does a wheel stand while smoking his tires just happened. Is this really possible? I mean burning rubber=loss of traction, wheelstand=too much torque(power) right? I'm not jumping on the bashing wagon, just curious since I've never really seen this happen in real life.

yes, it can happen.. we get 6-8" wheelies from both the mach1 and a friends 66 stang when launching.

As far as going up that high as the charger, yup, they do it in the NMRA all the time when they launch hard, they go straight up and straight down in the matter of seconds.

you mean this scene?
ff214.JPG
yes that is very possible. thats why pro drag racers have wheelie bars.

i don't think you can get that much smoke and still have enough traction to pop up hte front end.

There is NO way to smoke the tires, and still have enough traction to pull a wheelie in a heavy ass car like that.

while that cars front end is up from the initial torque you can generate a ton of smoke losing traction before the wheels hit the ground,my freind's 454 supercharged firebird would snap cheap wheelie bars and thats exactly what it looked like

EDIT..pro-street at Bandimere around 11 years ago

I'm not talking about lifting all 4 tires.. I'm talking about smoking them WHILE the car is lifting. It doesn't happen.

There's plenty of Mustangs in the world that will pull all four tires off the ground and pull a bumper stand, smoking the tires once the back ones loose the weight off them, but that car never got that high. It was "smoking" the tires from the moment the power hit the tires.

i think he was powerbraking it before he launched. they were waiting for the green light remember?

vince to brian spilner: "when that light turns green...im goin for it."

yeah y0! let me do a burnout so i can get da mad shizz launch y0!

Back