Top 5 Signs You Are Building A Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
5. - your garage has turned into a junkyard
4. - you have enough cardboard boxes to build a life-size castle
3. - you give up one meal a day so that you can have $10 more to buy stuff with
2. - you are constantly on the internet looking for killer deals
1. - your credit card company calls you to verify all your recent purchases, because they think fraud might be happeneing.

what's sad, is that #1 happened to me last night :ph34r:

dude that totally described me when i was doing my swap. i'm just clearing up the garage now. i can't remember how many meals i gave up during that entire period.

lol, i totally feel you man. i'm about to get a new CC to take advangage of 0% apr for over a year, to pay off my debt, lol!!!

damn i had to pay off $5000 in credit debt before my swap. I then cut all my cards up and pay for everything in advance

B skip a meal for a lousy 10 bucks? :lol: riiiiiight. :p Our garage looks like that anyways.. too much shit going on at once in there.

I know what you mean god i have 4 engine tires form 16" to 15" 17" . and i bought it from the internet just about everything engines to tires to rims to transmissions... and my bank asked me to verify...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 10 2003, 08:02 AM

1. - your credit card company calls you to verify all your recent purchases, because they think fraud might be happeneing.

hmmmm MORE debt.....
maybe i could apply for another cc....

I've got a personal loan that's at 8% fixed that I can write checks out from...

They're out of state checks, so the banks have to hold the funds to make sure they're available, right? Not any more. I've written so many of these checks, that my bank now trusts that the funds are available, and there is no hold. SWEET. :)

$1200 later, I've got a new turbo, manifold, GE oil sammich adapter, and Tial wastegate sitting at my doorstep. Pics to come. :)

i fall under the one about looking on the internet for great deals...thats how i found my Integra i am picking up this weekend :)

also would like to add number 6 to the list:

6. if you have turned your living room into a spray paint booth

:lol:

LOL ive gone through all of those :lol:

as for #3... its ok 1 big ass grinder will get you through the day :)

Originally posted by sooboss@Apr 10 2003, 01:20 PM
I know what you mean god i have 4 engine tires form 16" to 15" 17" . and i bought it from the internet just about everything engines to tires to rims to transmissions... and my bank asked me to verify...

lol what are "engine tires"?

the internet sells stuff? hrmph :)

Back