Toyo RA1s in new size

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaaseyRacer

Toyo is going to make a 225/45R15 Toyo RA-1, which will be perfect for Miatas and Hondas, the sport compact market in general. More interestingly is that a Miata Vendor (Goodwin Motorsports) is trying to get some manufactures to make a lightweight, cheap15x8, like a Kosei K1-TS something around 12lbs. would be fucking awesome. I think it would be dope if we, (the honda community) started writing letters to wheel makers and vendors to do the same. Maybe then we could get an affordable set of 15x8s. That would be awesome for those who drag, and for those of us who road race/auto-x.

When I get another miata that will not be a problem, as they will go in the rear, but for my honda, I am thinking about hammering out the fenders as it is, because my 15x7 rota with 205/50/15s barley fit and sometimes rub. I ever since I got my first miata I have wanted a set of inexpensive 15x8s in the back.

I would too on my civic, but I would have to figure out how the fronts would clear. The rears on the civic would have to have an odd offset too, as my 15x7s with hammer on weights (stupid tire shop) hit my suspension, till it knocked the hammer on weights off. Then I realized what the problem was, and I got sticky weights. I would love a set of 15x8 Kosei T1S's

Oh great. Stick on weights with 15x6 won't clear my calipers. If I'm going to run into problems with hammer on weights banging against the suspension, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with 15x8 wheels.....

It only happened on the rear drivers side, but it was enough to piss me off. And since when do you use hammer on weights on nice powder coated rims? Still I think 15x8s will clear with the right offset.

I guess we'll see. :)

I have to use hammer weights on my wheels- but they are OEM GSR wheels- nothing powder coated or super fancy. I'm all about the sleeper. :)

Back