Tranny Mount

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nimblecivic

Can anyone give me some info on which mount to use to bolt a b16a1 w/auto. tranny into a 93 EX coupe?

I've got all the other mounts in but the tranny mount and I remember hearing that a 94 and up teg automatic mount would work but I can't find anything to verify this so I'm reluctant to just go out and buy it.

Thanks in advance for the help....

:beer:

dude, is it just me or isnt a b16a1 obd0 and cable trans? i know on 88-91 civic's and CRX's u use the 90-93 integra mount. if u have converted it to obd0 and gone from cable to hydro trans i dunno what mount to use, b/c u arent using stock b16a1 tranny. check the front of ur engine again for the code. i highly doubt its a b16a1 ( 88-91 CRX SiR JDM motor)

dude, is it just me or isnt a b16a1 obd0 and cable trans?

You're correct on both parts......BUT, read the whole thread.....MY car is an AUTOMATIC...it was an auto before the swap and I swapped in a B16A1 w/auto. tranny...that's why I'm having such a tough time finding the right mount...

As for the tranny it's off a 97 Teg LS automatic....

come on.......anyone with autos here have any input on this?....it's one of the final things I need to complete the swap......

you need an sir2 for both the tranny and the motor.

spend the extra money- it will be cheaper than trying to put the sir1 into your 5th gen

Originally posted by nimblecivic@Feb 10 2003, 11:38 PM
come on.......anyone with autos here have any input on this?....it's one of the final things I need to complete the swap......

Mine was converted... so I'm not 100% sure.

I did have a conversation with my shop guys about this a while back though, and I think that there was something about the auto B trannies needing to use the manual D tranny mount or something to drop into a Civic... that's really foggy in thie back of my memory banks though. Maybe it'll help.

kylemarhx Posted on Feb 11 2003, 01:15 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
most people don't put swaps into auto cars, and the ones that do convert from auto to manual in the process.

Thanks, but I'm not most people....If I was, I'd just do the same shit everyone else has done to their cars....Thanks for the reply that helped me none...

pissedoffsol Posted on Feb 11 2003, 03:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you need an sir2 for both the tranny and the motor.

spend the extra money- it will be cheaper than trying to put the sir1 into your 5th gen

While that would be a great idea, I'm in the middle of closing on my first house so the funds aren't there as they normally would be....The swap is already 95% done so I either have to finish it or get used to riding a mountain bike in the coldass midwest winters....

If you guys wanna rip on my shit I'll post a pic after I'm done with it to make it easier, but for now can you PLEASE help me finish this?

Originally posted by nimblecivic@Feb 11 2003, 04:32 PM
The swap is already 95% done so I either have to finish it or get used to riding a mountain bike in the coldass midwest winters....

well dude you will get strong as hell on that bike... haha

just messin with you man... honestly sell you current tranny and get an integra auto tranny so that you can get a mount that will fit it.
good luck man.

Also you might want to try asking HASport, they have been super helpful with any questions i have had for them.

Maasey--I've got a 97 Teg LS auto tranny mounted to the b16 right now.....but I'm definately gonna give HASport a call.......

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated......

Back