trans swap in rex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88rex

i'm doing a trans swap on my 88 rex hf need rid of that junk hf trans. i got a trans out of a 91 civic hatch but the shift knob and the emblems were missing.but i got the trans anyhow because it takes the bigger clutch but what model is yhis out of si dx or what.the model# on the trans reads sl3-5040955.what model and gear ratio is this trans it is not listed in the forums anywhere

Originally posted by 88rex@Feb 7 2005, 03:19 PM
i'm doing a trans swap on my 88 rex hf need rid of that junk hf trans. i got a trans out of a 91 civic hatch but the shift knob and the emblems were missing.but i got the trans anyhow because it takes the bigger clutch but what model is yhis out of si dx or what.the model# on the trans reads sl3-5040955.what model and gear ratio is this trans it is not listed in the forums anywhere
[post=457559]Quoted post[/post]​

SL3 usually in 91 DX - has "SL3" sticker on top instead of on front like most L3s

yeah the sticker is not where the others are.it is on the top.is this a 5 speed trans because the shift knob was missing.how can you tell

if you were at the car why didn't you just put it into gear?!?!?!
if it has 5th then its a five speed, this also works with the tranny out of the car

but you can shift it by hand with just the piece on the trans...

and you should always try and shift it by hand to make sure its not rammed and jammed into a gear...

mounted trans in rex it is a 5speed trans goes through the gears fine since i'm putting this in a hf wich spindles do i need since i dont no if it is a si or dx trans my splines on the hf hubs are 23 wich do i need for the trans

Originally posted by 88rex@Feb 8 2005, 09:22 AM
mounted trans in rex it is a 5speed trans goes through the gears fine since i'm putting this in a hf wich spindles do i need since i dont no if it is a si or dx trans my splines on the hf hubs are 23 wich do i need for the trans
[post=457990]Quoted post[/post]​

your HF axles are fine - no difference at transmission end on DX,Si or HF - only difference is at the hub end on the HF

Back