trouble sleeping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok well i have trouble sleeping at night. i just dont get tired until like 2 am. and when i lay down to try and sleep, i just lay there in my bed for like an hour and a half. i take sleeping pills but i feel like they dont do anything. they are tylenol sleep or something like that. its just a sleep aid, it has no pain killer in it. active ingredient is diphenhydramine HCl. getting to sleep this late is really starting to affect my school performance cause with 8am classes, i simply cant get up in the morning and i end up sleeping through almost all my classes. is there anything more powerful that anyone knows of? i just want something to just knock me out when i want to go to sleep, lol. i dont have any problems staying asleep, just getting to sleep. anyone else have problems like this?

i did the same shit in school.

fact is, you just gotta go to bed earlier.

set your alarm for 9am tomrrow.
wake up and STAY UP until midnight no matter what. pound caffine if you need to.

go to bed at 12, and you'll be up for 730 no problem.

hell, i go to bed at like 1 or 2 and get up a7 just about every day. you dont NEED more than 6 hours of sleep.

play catch up on the weekends :)

also, get your lazy ass out and get some exercise. MAKE yourself tired.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 19 2005, 03:06 PM
i did the same shit in school.

fact is, you just gotta go to bed earlier.

set your alarm for 9am tomrrow.
wake up and STAY UP until midnight no matter what. pound caffine if you need to.

go to bed at 12, and you'll be up for 730 no problem.

hell, i go to bed at like 1 or 2 and get up a7 just about every day. you dont NEED more than 6 hours of sleep.

play catch up on the weekends :)

also, get your lazy ass out and get some exercise. MAKE yourself tired.
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
you can't fall asleep at night because you've rested in your classes

i know i need to go to bed earlier, but thats the problem im having. ill get up at 9 am tomorrow and see how it works out. i was just wondering if there was something stronger i could take to try and kickstart the cycle though. cause i mean shit i took twice the doseage of these sleeping pills i have now and it didnt even phase me.

and yeah, falling a sleep when your high and drunk is cake. im out when my head hits the pillow. but i wanna try and not become an alcoholic pothead just to get some more sleep, lol.

I have used unisom sleep gels, they are pretty good. or i heard in a magazine recently that if you drink a glass of milk and eat a banana before you go to bed it actually helps you sleep.

I have the same problem, and what i have been wondering if it has to do with my caffeine intake. It has never affected me before, but maybe it is starting to. I always stay up till atleast 1, maybe till like 3 or so before going to bed, then i can never fall right asleep. it sucks, and caffein is hard to give up

DO NOT rely on drugs.

if you use them, you'll never sleep again without them.

Blow your load over your woman or if thats N/A then beat off.

Nothing makes you want to crash then a nice discharge.

oh yeah and what B said also works =)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 19 2005, 03:57 PM
DO NOT rely on drugs.

if you use them, you'll never sleep again without them.
[post=463175]Quoted post[/post]​

true, dont use them regularly. i have had the same bottle for years, cause i use them very rarely. but they do work

according to you blaco, im doing everything wrong, lol. i usually work out right before i sleep, or close to the time when i go to bed. its not really an intense work out, just some pushups and situps. then ill sit on the computer, check my mail, post up on here and honda-tech. chat to some frineds, then maybe watch some tv, and then try and go to sleep.

ive tried sleeping to music, but that seems to just keep me up, when i listen to music i cant help but concentrate on every little aspect in the music and i sing the words in my head. i cant help that, its just how i listen to music. my computer is in my room in my apartment, and i dont think i could sleep without the low hum of the computer fan.

i do try to mediatete myself to sleep. i know it sounds weird but when i close my eyes at night i can see wild designs that just flow and move around. its kinda like what you see when you get up too fast and you loose vision for a second. sometimes seeing that and concentratin on that helps. but then i also cant help thinking about pretty much everything, my life, what the next day holds, how the lack of sleep is causeing me to drop off scholastically lol, everything.

and B, the pills im taking now say "non habit forming" thats why i got them, but that also might be a factor as to why they arent really powerful. i definitely dont want to get to the point where i rely on them to go to sleep.

If you play music make sure theres no words in it.

The movie unfaithful has some good background music.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Feb 19 2005, 12:39 PM
Step one) Drink 3-4 beers
Step two) Smoke a fatty blunt
Step three) Fall asleep very quickly aftword.
[post=463147]Quoted post[/post]​

Werd here in Cali you can go to a Doctor and go get a prescription for some WEED that will for sure put you out because thats what I do. :lol:

Well I took roughly 2500mg of a generic pain reliever/fever reducer and that took care of my headache as well as put me to sleep within 30min. :D

try melatonin, its a hormone/dietary supplement that induces a natural "sleepy" feeling

if i try to go to sleep before 3am then i toss and turn in bed for at least an hour.
ive been staying up until daylight since i was 16 years old. my body is just used to it.
if i have something to do before 10am then i just stay up all night, its alot easier then trying to wake up in the morning ;)

well i got drunk last night at my friends house so getting up at 9 this morning was a no go, lol.

Originally posted by bunson2001@Feb 20 2005, 12:03 AM
try melatonin, its a hormone/dietary supplement that induces a natural "sleepy" feeling
[post=463386]Quoted post[/post]​

if there's a lack of melatonin, this will work, but if you take it often, your body will rely on it, as it says 'oh, there's enough here, i don't need to make more' cancelling out the body's natural production.

Valerian is good. this will not only relax your muscles, but your body. if it's your MIND that's keeping you awake... constant cycling of thoughts, get Skullcap. i've given this to my kids to get them to sleep, because they just fidget, and roll around for a while. Chamomile works well, but not as well as the above two. try watching a girl movie. that makes me fall asleep. and for pete's sake, don't work out before bed... endorphins stimulate the body... not relax it. haha

Back