Troubleshooting the codes I'm Throwing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FFCiv

Hi guys, I need some help with my 1995 Civic Ex. Here's some backround information. I bought this car in spring with a b16a that I knew at the time was burning oil. So i drive the car for like 6 months. About 2 weeks ago my rings give out so I purchase a b18a1 with a b20 head to swap in. So last week my friends and I do the swap and ge thte car running, however it has issues.

1. It idles extremely low, as low as 250-500 rpms after driving. Pretty sure this has to do with me not having a TB gasket.

2. I have an oil leak out the back of the block somewhere. I'll find out where it is tomarrow in shop.

3. The last problem i have is the codes I am throwing. It's throwing codes 10, 13, and 14. Which are IAT Sensor, BARO Sensor, and IAC Valve, accordingly. The problem is I am not sure which sensors these are and where they are. Also, what color wires should goto the plugs that connect to these sensors (keep in mind its the same harness I used for my b16a if that makes any difference).
Thanks in advance for any and all help

Ninja Edit: I am running an LS intake manifold. My b16a one wouldnt fit would it?

The TB can be touchy, but having no gasket should if anything make it idle high. At least I would think.... Is your cable letting it go fully shut? is it a OEM or after maket unit? My old after market throttle body was a pain to get set right. it was a lot of trial and error. adjust it and drive some, adjust it some more...

The oil leak out back might be from the oil pressure sending unit.

the 3rd question Im not sure.

Back