True motorsports indianapolis IN

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fresh rings in this motor? Ever think that you could have installed the HG improperly? Don't be so quick to throw it all on the builder. Post more specifics.

then obviously he's a great guy.
bc if it was me, i would have told you tough shit.
after 5 months, its no longer my liability.

so, i hope you apologized for bashing him.

not a great guy because he sold me a shit block when he said it was good.

I will as soon as we settle for something, he hasent called me back and he said he would.

Fresh rings in this motor? Ever think that you could have installed the HG improperly? Don't be so quick to throw it all on the builder. Post more specifics.

Well Im 100% sure its not the HG because its not burning coolant and there is no bubbles in the rad.

when I removed the spark plugs a stream of smoke came out and the plugs were fouled and covered in oil.

Ill remove the head tomorrow and let you guys know how it looks.

Plus I went 100% by the book on installing the HG.

not a great guy because he sold me a shit block when he said it was good.

I will as soon as we settle for something, he hasent called me back and he said he would.

if he never ran it, how would he know.
if its a rebuilt block, whos to say that you didnt break it in properly.

Rebuilt short block

that he sold as his own but the truth came out today and he said he sold it for some one else.

looking at it before you put the head on it, did it all look good?
was the cylinder walls pretty and freshly honed?
were there noticable gaps (i know that they arent always going to be) between the rings and the wall?
there are ways to tell if it was an actual fresh rebuild.

you had it for 5 months, plenty of time to look it over and make sure everything is good.

if i was him, i would tell you to eat shit, wouldnt have even given you the benefit of doubt bc for all i know you couldve taken it out and boosted the shit out of it before break in.

whole situation behind it sounds fishy to me.

if he sold you a fresh rebuild, you shouldve been able to tell if it was indeed rebuilt.
everything would have been new. shiny, no signs of wear.
if he didnt rebuild it himself, he probably looked it through before he sold it, saw no signs of wear and knew who it was that rebuilt it.

he owes you nothing. if you bought it as is, no warranty, then you shouldve been weary and gotten it running as soon as possible (ie: not buying it way before you were going to need it)

but, if he works with you, then you should be greatful as fuck to have had done business with a nicer guy than most out there.
if he doesnt work with you, you can only blame yourself.

if he never ran it, how would he know.
if its a rebuilt block, whos to say that you didnt break it in properly.

looking at it before you put the head on it, did it all look good?
was the cylinder walls pretty and freshly honed?
were there noticable gaps (i know that they arent always going to be) between the rings and the wall?
there are ways to tell if it was an actual fresh rebuild.

you had it for 5 months, plenty of time to look it over and make sure everything is good.

if i was him, i would tell you to eat shit, wouldnt have even given you the benefit of doubt bc for all i know you couldve taken it out and boosted the shit out of it before break in.

whole situation behind it sounds fishy to me.

if he sold you a fresh rebuild, you shouldve been able to tell if it was indeed rebuilt.
everything would have been new. shiny, no signs of wear.
if he didnt rebuild it himself, he probably looked it through before he sold it, saw no signs of wear and knew who it was that rebuilt it.

he owes you nothing. if you bought it as is, no warranty, then you shouldve been weary and gotten it running as soon as possible (ie: not buying it way before you were going to need it)

but, if he works with you, then you should be greatful as fuck to have had done business with a nicer guy than most out there.
if he doesnt work with you, you can only blame yourself.

Seriously man WTF?? Do you know the guy or something because your giving me shit like if I bought it off of you.

Block was used for 300-500 miles but told me it was in 100% GREAT WORKING CONDITION.

A lot of people on here know that I was finishing the build with in a coupple of days and Im not the kind of person to try and screw people.

If I would have done something wrong or if i would have fucked it up myself I would have been man enough to face the facts and just rebuild without bitching about it.

So now im just gonna tell you to eat shit. seriously im not trying to fuck some one im just trying to get whats mine.

Well Im 100% sure its not the HG because its not burning coolant and there is no bubbles in the rad.

when I removed the spark plugs a stream of smoke came out and the plugs were fouled and covered in oil.

Ill remove the head tomorrow and let you guys know how it looks.

Plus I went 100% by the book on installing the HG.

What part of the plugs were covered in oil? If it's above the threads, its got to be a Valve cover gasket, below means rings/ HG.

Have the head checked to be sure its flat, check the block as well, and if both are flat and the gasket checks out ok, re-ring the bottom end, and call it good.

Seriously man WTF?? Do you know the guy or something because your giving me shit like if I bought it off of you.

Block was used for 300-500 miles but told me it was in 100% GREAT WORKING CONDITION.

A lot of people on here know that I was finishing the build with in a coupple of days and Im not the kind of person to try and screw people.

If I would have done something wrong or if i would have fucked it up myself I would have been man enough to face the facts and just rebuild without bitching about it.

So now im just gonna tell you to eat shit. seriously im not trying to fuck some one im just trying to get whats mine.

nope, dont know the guy, never heard of him, but you sound like a cock coming on a public forum blasting a guy thats running a business for something thats not his responsibility.
and you sound like the kind of guy that fucks something up then looks for the easiest/cheapest way out.
had you actually made contact with him before the fact and had a legitimate reason to come blast him, i wouldve not given a shit.
but its people like you, given by the OP, that just jump the gun and point the blame.

sorry, but you just sound like a piece of shit, and i wanted to let anybody that may see this post via google or whatever other search forum that it may not be this guys fault and that you could possibly just be a spoiled little asshole.

and, no thank you, i dont much care to eat shit.

What part of the plugs were covered in oil? If it's above the threads, its got to be a Valve cover gasket, below means rings/ HG.

Have the head checked to be sure its flat, check the block as well, and if both are flat and the gasket checks out ok, re-ring the bottom end, and call it good.

It was below the threads, The electrodes were covered in oil.

As for the head it was resurfaced on a mill and then polished like cometic recomends, the block was also milled and polished.

Im gonna re ring it.....Im almost sure its a broken or bent oil ring.

nope, dont know the guy, never heard of him, but you sound like a cock coming on a public forum blasting a guy thats running a business for something thats not his responsibility.
and you sound like the kind of guy that fucks something up then looks for the easiest/cheapest way out.
had you actually made contact with him before the fact and had a legitimate reason to come blast him, i wouldve not given a shit.
but its people like you, given by the OP, that just jump the gun and point the blame.

sorry, but you just sound like a piece of shit, and i wanted to let anybody that may see this post via google or whatever other search forum that it may not be this guys fault and that you could possibly just be a spoiled little asshole.

and, no thank you, i dont much care to eat shit.

Sorry dude but you have no idea of the kind of person that I am.

Just ask the people that I have bought parts from.

But what ever I could care less what you think.

was the head in known good condition prior to install?

I had the head Vacume nd pressure tested when I got it, Cyl #3 has a small leak on the intake valve so I took the time and money to rebuild it.

Had a 3 angle valve job, replaced the valve guides, valve steam seals replaced, Valves, and valve springs replaced.

After all of that I sent It to be tested again at two diffrent shops and both held vacume and pressure like a champ.

I really took my time to have this build done right. Like I said Im not trying to screw anybody Just trying to get what I payed for.

Im sure 10/10 of you people out there would be pissed if this happened to you.

Back