Truth about block guards

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

First off last question I don't know about sounds like a bad idea how would it work. do they even have the same stroke? Ok now about the block guards. Block guards are a good idea for any high horse power application up to about 400. anything over needs to be sleved. The thing about a block guard is that just like a sleve you have to have the right tools. have a machine shop install it. just tapping in the block guard runs the chance of warping your cyllinders. Done properly a shop will shave off on the guard untill it slides in easily then will ancor it in with some special form of fasteners i don't know a lot about. drilling holes from the outside of the block to the coolant journals and inserting these fasteners. Mabe bolts screws i dont know what they use. It must be done properly or use can cause more damage. Dont worry its not that expensive to be done, and can make a huge difference in your engines reliability. And about the coolant flow just remember coolant cant just run freely from your block to your head. its gota go through the head gasket which allows about the same amount of flow as the block guard does. shouldn't be any issues there.

don't listen to the guy above me, he's wrong on quite of bit of that rant. B and Z6 said it perfectly. block guards are old technology (if you want to call them that) that cause more problems than they are worth.

So unless you're building an all-out drag racing engine that will run for only 5-10 mins at a time block guards are a humungous waste of time. :D

So unless you're building an all-out drag racing engine that will run for only 5-10 mins at a time block guards are a humungous waste of time. :D
:werd:
so wat if you dont do anything to your block and just add low compression pistons and rods in it??
will it fuck up??

Back