Turbo cam gears for a VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Pissedoffsol recently posted some info on an LS/t vs GSR/T, and buy all accounts it looked like the VTEC hurt the overall performance. That being said I have heard you can fix that with turbo cam gears, but is the end result better then non VTEC, just as good, or still not as good. And how does the new cams change the performance of VTEC to facilitate forced induction. Please tell me!!!

vtec = overlap. cam gears wont change that very much, but turbo cut cams will.

In that thread i posted, he had turbo cut cams on both the LS and the GSR. jsut so you know.

vtec is sooooooooo overrated for boost.

N/a, iw ould go vtec
boost, its a waste

do I have any other options, I have a 99 civic SI and I've been dreaming about boost for a good year. But I want it to be right, and if that sets me back a year then so be it.

don't get me wrong man- you CAN boost ANYTHING. shit, there's turbo bar stools around.

All I'm saying is that IF you were to swap and have plans to boost, i suggest the LS, only because its half the price.

if you already HAVE a b16, boost it.

check out the vids i posted in anything goes of jeffie7's car (i think the thread is called In Car videos should be on page 1 or 2 at the most)
hes got a turbo b16a in his 5th gen... see for your self the results

I saw them, they were cool. But I would hate to think in the end I paid more and got less. Even if I feel the 99 civic SI is the 69 mustang convertable of out generation.

I saw them, they were cool. But I would hate to think in the end I paid more and got less. Even if I feel the 99 civic SI is the 69 mustang convertable of out generation.

69 Convert has nothing on the Mach1 :p

the 99-00 civic si is a really nice car, but IMO, its not nearly the best car to hook up. its heavy. I dunno. if you have the money, go for it- you will be happy. boost owns. theres nothing like it :)

Originally posted by Hexen@Dec 27 2002, 04:38 PM

69 Convert has nothing on the Mach1 :p

my comment regaurded the fact that the 69 is a classic and I feel that in time the 99 civic SI will be THE classic of it's time, when people look back at import tuning in 2035 they will remember the Civic, Eclipse, Celica and so on, the most popular being the civic. The reference spoke nothing of performance which is a whole different topic.

Back