turbo ??????? m12 t3/t4 .50

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegman88

what is this turbo does anybody know about them? My brother came across one with manifold for a $120. The guy hes buying it from is one of our friends that knows nothing about it he just comes across stuff all the time. Shoot me any information you know about them. if you need any information i can post a pic of it in the mourning.

pic

what is this turbo does anybody know about them? My brother came across one with manifold for a $120. The guy hes buying it from is one of our friends that knows nothing about it he just comes across stuff all the time. Shoot me any information you know about them. if you need any information i can post a pic of it in the mourning.

Please post some pics of the turbo, front intake and exhaust side of it at lease....maybe i can help out at that point....

you can use photobucket or imageshack to upload the pictures....

th_0111091901.jpg
there it is guys hit me up with what you think
th_0111091902.jpg
its got a obx manifold that looks like its been welded in certain spots for extra structure

What is the coldside A/R and the hotside A/R??? they are know to be a good turbo and most of them i have seen is rated for 530 hp...if its a 57 trim, .50 A/R on the coldside and .63 A/R on the hotside...

turbo

its got some shaft play in it is it worth buying and rebuilding

Its not worth rebuilding, you could buy them online for alot cheaper than the rebuild kit....if you going to spend the money like that to rebuild it right then you might as well buy a new Garrett Turbo...
You could find the M12 turbo online for around $150.00 to $250.00

i boought the same turbo yesterday, has anyone given you an answer about who makes it, the guy i bought mine from for $50 said he thinks its an ebay turbo, but i have never seen a ebay turbo come with a s/n and stamp. i dont believe its a high end turbo but it seems to be nicely built, mine has very little shaft play as well, hit me back and let me know what you found out.

a/r aint that "air research"?? id have to look at mine i have a Air research.. i think that what A/R stands for though

i boought the same turbo yesterday, has anyone given you an answer about who makes it, the guy i bought mine from for $50 said he thinks its an ebay turbo, but i have never seen a ebay turbo come with a s/n and stamp. i dont believe its a high end turbo but it seems to be nicely built, mine has very little shaft play as well, hit me back and let me know what you found out.
it is more than likely an ebay turbo if you bought it for $50.
most ebay turbos will have a little blue plate that has some info on them, and itll usually say type: t3/t4 turbo or something obvious like that, and then some serial info and other bs beneath that.

quality stuff will have the name cast into the housing, or a plate riveted into the turbo itself with the manufacturer's name, etc on it.
a/r aint that "air research"?? id have to look at mine i have a Air research.. i think that what A/R stands for though
no, A/R does NOT stand for Airesearch.
A/R stands for exactly what it says.. area/radius.

Hey guy I've got a similar situation but I'm trying to sell the set up. I got it as a trade for something and I have no idea what it was on or what it is worth.
I've got an M12 A/R .50 T3/T4 turbo, along with an f38 Tile Sports waste gate and some XS Power headers that I cant find info on. any help with more information on how much I could sell them for would be great! Thanks.

Attachments

• 20160930_091606.jpg
    20160930_091606.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 20160930_091546.jpg
    20160930_091546.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 960
  • 20160930_091530.jpg
    20160930_091530.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 1,186
  • 20160930_091513.jpg
    20160930_091513.jpg
    962.7 KB · Views: 2,395
Tile? lol TiAl is good stuff. xspower is ebay stuff... the turbo looks like it could be a turbonetics knock off.

the wg is worth about a hundred by itself, maybe more (you'd need to know what spring is in it to sell it higher).
the turbo, maybe 150-200, the manifold, maybe another 100? i dunno

Back