? Turbonetics Deltagate wastegate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

i hooked up my HKS EBC the other night and im trying to tune it but isn't working - i hooked the main vacuum sorce up to the top of the wastegate instead of the side, right now it seems like i am running an open wastegate as i spiked at 18pds last night. so do i have to run the main wastegate from the side or the top. any help is apreciated - thanks

thanks - does hks have instructions on there website?? ive been messing with the controller all day and still is spiking around 18 untill i let off - do you think it can be broke?

have you been to hks's website before you asked? i'm not going to go there and look and tell you if they are there or not... christ... lol

as for the 18 lbs thing... if you keep hitting 18 psi, perhaps its SET to 18 psi.

that, or your deltagate piece of shit wastegate is your problem. those are known to spike.

dude i just asked if anyone knew off hand or a place where they were. the controller is set at 0pds. but i never have heard of a wastegate spiking 11pds more than what its aspose too - and im letting off at 6k so im sure it will keep on goin

Originally posted by SolLess16@Jun 9 2005, 01:30 PM
dude i just asked if anyone knew off hand or a place where they were. the controller is set at 0pds. but i never have heard of a wastegate spiking 11pds more than what its aspose too - and im letting off at 6k so im sure it will keep on goin
[post=510231]Quoted post[/post]​

what manifold are you running, if it is one of those equal length manifolds from ssautochrome with the wastegate on the side, that is your problem, I have one of those and mine done the same thing, It would spike to 15 psi with no spring in the wastegate at all, I relocated the wastegate and it fixed it, what the problem is, is the way the wastegate is positioned on the manifold, the gases has to turn around to come out of the wastgate and there is not enough backpressure on the turbo to make the gases turn around,what I did, is put the wastegate on the front of the manifold on the collector and angled it down a little and pluged the old wastegate hole up, know it works just fine. I have picks if you need them. I hope this helps

no im running a logstyle manifold but it only started when i installed the ebc. Thanks for the help though

Back