type r tranny grinding 3rd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHOBIA

my tranny grinds hard going into 3rd gear when im at high rpms. anything over 4000 and it grinds,is there anything i can do to fix it for know.like loosen up my clutch cable or something.my roomate gave me a price he sed its going to cost 400 bucks for the new 3rd and 4th gear ,+ the cost of doing it for me about $900 all together is it worth it to keep my type r tanny or should i just get a used gsr tranny ?

What kind of car is this in? If it isnt in a 91 or older Civic or CRX or 93 or older Integra you are in the wrong section. not to mention a Type R transmission and a GSR transmissions are Hydro not Cable.

try changing the fluid
there are some real good lubes out there, nothing will fix the problem, but it can be made more bearable...

3rd gear is at the end of the shaft in the tranny, and i guess the theory is that the bearing at the end goes so thats the first gear that starts going bad...

you may just need to replace a bearing or the syncros?
but try swapping in a better lube...
i had some type of gear oil in one of my trannys and it helped
maybe lutkin or some shit?

good luck

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back