U.S. Trade Deficit Soars To All-Time High Of...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whee! Another politically oriented pissing contest thread!

Wow, another "I don't know what I am talking about, but let me spout off, and see if others are as ignorant as I am thread".

Way to go guys, you will sure show us who is the intellectual superior here by adding your useless flames to an otherwise civil conversation. I mean really, is there a point for you to even waste your time with this thread, especially if you aren't going to contribute? Maybe you feel left out or something, but there are many better and more constructive ways to spend your time other than posting your flames in the thread.

Exactly. Run for local office or something then speak about your contributions to society, and actually having a reason for opinion.

I should have specified what I meant a little bit better, my bad. I was actually refering to Asian-Americans and I just bounced from that to my next thought. I don't know about the schools that you went to, but the A Honor Roll in both my Intermediate and High Schools we dominated by Asian students. A growing number of professionals are either Asian, Indian, or Arabian immigrants or first generation Americans. They just seem to have a stronger work ethic, as a whole, and less of the " the world owes me a living" attitude that's become so common place in America. As Guy can verify, this is area has an extremely high level of cultural diversity, so I see/have seen a lot of this first hand.

And the Chinese are also becoming highly Americanized which might account for their increasingly American attitudes...but that's just speculation. I would also spectulate that China is moving its labor to Thailand for the same reason why America is moving its labor to Mexico, India, et cetera. Slave labor wages mean more profit and vacations for the corporate exec's.
[post=445827]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol you just restated what I stated twice already.

Yes other countries have better work ethics but thats because their standards of living are much lower. They don't have the luxuries we do, therefore they have to focus and bust their ass just to have what Americans would consider a poor life.

My hypothesis was if the standard of living went up in other nations that work ethic would decrease in the vast majority of people.

Don't get me wrong, theres still hard working Americans but then theres the people that know they can just slide by.

...and as for the Chinese, they've been dominating the outside world ever since they left their borders centuries ago.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jan 15 2005, 10:18 PM
I didn't feel that post number 25 was a flame. In fact, I feel that I brought up some good points. And I wasn't aware that Americans weren't allowed to have an opinion unless they were part of the government.

Which proves my original point that Americans are lazy and that's why other countries are making better products. Thank you for confirming that. :)
[post=446294]Quoted post[/post]​

Nothing to do with having your opinion. More along the lines of showing your opinion counts, and is one to be considered, which is why you are presenting it online. Any single person can talk about the society they live in, but doing something about it, shows you are someone that is worth while to listen to.

I'm not saying in anyways, anyone's opinion is wrong. It just gets old fast about people presenting it, when no one is doing something about their opinion(beliefs) besides "voting". Look at my state, Washington, and tell me about the election and voting.

So far, I don't know anyone on this board, that is apart of a change in their community, something that matters a lot more than, talking about the country as a whole, and the trade deficit.

Ok I'm done.

Back