uberdata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seany-izzle

anyone here use it/have it/tuned with it?? its alot better than paying like 700 for hondata and all that shit. it just intimidates me. plus how do you connect your computer to your ecu??? any other information about this would be awesome.

you still gotta chip it and solder in a bunch of resistors and crap:

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/faq/index.html

IMO, its a far cry from hondata

and like anything, you get what you pay for. I'd run it over an fmu or vafc hack, sure. but if i could afford the hondata, id run it without second thought.
you'll be hard-pressed to find a tuner who will help you with it either. so i hope you know how to tune efi systems.

I am running Uberdata right now and have been for over 2 months and almost 3000 miles. Hondata and Uberdata are basically the same thing. Uberdata has almost all the features Hondata and a few Hondata doesn't have. Datalogging is done and being tested and there are still a few little bugs to be fixed, but it will still perform just as well as Hondata. I see no reason to spend $1,000+ on Hondata when Uberdata does the same thing for free.

2 monthes WOW what a test of reliability- people have been running hondata on heavily boosted motors for over two years without a single glitch- get back to me in two years and let me know about your cheap knockoff

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 30 2004, 05:32 PM
2 monthes WOW what a test of reliability- people have been running hondata on heavily boosted motors for over two years without a single glitch- get back to me in two years and let me know about your cheap knockoff

uberdata has been used on my ls turbo setup for over a year now, and its still running strong.

learn how uberdata/hondata work, then decide whether its better to use free engine management or pay a lot of cash for it. If you are going to say uberdata sucks, give me a reason based on FACTS, not because you think having name brand stuff is cute.

i highly recommend uberdata :thumbsup:

of course i am a huge hondata advocate, but when i got that... uberdata was still in its infancy if it was even born yet.... it didn't have any real functioning features.. lots of glitches ... its come a long way since then would i sell my hondata to use it? no... but there would be some serious thought if i were back at stage 1 about to buy a hondata... once data logging gets goign it'll be great...

any s2k compatibility??

DUDE i didn't say it sucks- but when it comes down to it and I've got 6 grand in turbo parts on my car I'm not going to trust my tuning to a free rom editor- call me ignorant or whatever you want, but you absolutely get what you pay for no matter what you say- blowing my motor because i'm running 13 psi into an internally stock gsr motor is not something i want to risk because i felt like saving a few hundred dollars- after 6 grand on parts, what's another 800?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 30 2004, 05:44 PM
DUDE i didn't say it sucks- but when it comes down to it and I've got 6 grand in turbo parts on my car I'm not going to trust my tuning to a free rom editor- call me ignorant or whatever you want, but you absolutely get what you pay for no matter what you say- blowing my motor because i'm running 13 psi into an internally stock gsr motor is not something i want to risk because i felt like saving a few hundred dollars- after 6 grand on parts, what's another 800?

what kind of maniac spends 6 grand in turbo parts

but you absolutely get what you pay for no matter what you say

this is a completely false statement, back up your reasoning with facts like i said before

I've got 6 grand in turbo parts on my car I'm not going to trust my tuning to a free rom editor

why not

what's another 800?

its just that, $800. If you do not really need the money, you can paypal it to me at nhs1202@hotmail.com

what kind of maniac spends 6g in turbo parts?

try the type of person that wants to make A LOT of power- i don't have any interest in gaining 60hp from a junkyard setup nor do i think it's worth trying to run 11's from junkyard parts

you don't think you get what you pay for?

buy apc coilovers and then buy ground control coilovers, and then tell me which performs better

i don't want to sit here and argue with you honestly- i'm the type of person that wants the abosolute best setup money can buy- you are probably the kind that likes the best results for the least amount of money- honestly i can't blame you for that, you have your opinions and I have mine

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 30 2004, 05:57 PM
what kind of maniac spends 6g in turbo parts?

try the type of person that wants to make A LOT of power- i don't have any interest in gaining 60hp from a junkyard setup nor do i think it's worth trying to run 11's from junkyard parts

you don't think you get what you pay for?

buy apc coilovers and then buy ground control coilovers, and then tell me which performs better

i don't want to sit here and argue with you honestly- i'm the type of person that wants the abosolute best setup money can buy- you are probably the kind that likes the best results for the least amount of money- honestly i can't blame you for that, you have your opinions and I have mine

right on- i understand that in some cases paying more for a product will yield a higher marginal benefit. however i do not think that this is one of those cases :)

its basically preference, i like to have a good engine management system for no cost, and if you want to shell out a bunch of cash for some that does essentially the same thing, thats fine too :)

but i can only give my experience with it, and from that i recommend it.

good luck with your choice

:werd: no reason to argue- I've just always been the type of person that didn't mind spending the extra money even if the only thing it gives me is peace of mind-

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 30 2004, 05:43 PM
of course i am a huge hondata advocate, but when i got that... uberdata was still in its infancy if it was even born yet.... it didn't have any real functioning features.. lots of glitches ... its come a long way since then would i sell my hondata to use it? no... but there would be some serious thought if i were back at stage 1 about to buy a hondata... once data logging gets goign it'll be great...

:werd:

That's the boat I'm in. I have a full optioned out Hondata setup and it works great- there's no reason for me to switch.

Yeah well what do you expect from a STOCK d-series? I was only going for 200whp... I was pretty happy with 216whp. Oh and I only spent $1100 on my turbo kit (95% of the parts were brand new by the way, not a junkyard setup). Another $1,000 for rods/pistons and I will be making 300whp easy as long as my T3 60 trim can get me there. Eh, not bad budget build up if you ask me. My suspension, quaife LSD, and drag radials make it a pretty fun car to drive too. :)

What's your setup and numbers?

Originally posted by HellBentHONDA@May 1 2004, 01:11 PM
got any timeslips pedro err beerbongskickass ?

No I haven't been to the track yet. I was going to go today, but decided I better sleep a little since I was out of town and didn't sleep much the last few nights. I will defintely get to the track sometime this month (got my snell 95 rated helmet the other day off eBay for $21!!! :lol: . My goals when I went turbo were 200whp (got that already) and 13.999 with full street trim in my 95 civic EX coupe. I don't think I will have any problem reaching my 1/4 mile time goal. I am expecting at least high 13's and a few people said if I get get a good launch I might get a mid 13 pass in. I have never been to the track though so I can't really tell you, just my guess though. I have raced on the street quite a few times though and my setup seems to do okay for what it is. ;)

Pedro? That picture in my avatar is "Farva" from the movie Super Troppers... that's not me lol.

dude you didn't know that was Farva??

and my numbers right now are only one big guess, because my turbo setup, as with my motor, trans and ecu are all sitting in my garage/bedroom :p

i'll have numbers and slips to show once i finally get home and get everything installed and tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back