UFC 81 this saturday...Mir/Lesnar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"If Lesnar plays the aggressor and dictates the fight he wins, if he tries to be overly cautious or let Mir dictate the fight he'll prolly make and early mistake and be tapping in the first round."

seriously... lesnar not being the aggressor? i dont think we have to worry about that. if he loses its cause hes too aggressive and mir catches him slipping up.

im no lesnar nut swinger either, but you have to face the facts that statistically there is noone in mma right now with better wrestling credentials. his power has never been disputed and the fact hes been training with some very famous people for the last couple years for jiu jitsu could make him an extremely well rounded fighter.

just for an fyi at his history.

33-0 in highschool
106-5 in college
two-time NJCAA All-American, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion

In his first official MMA match, Brock defeated Min Soo Kim (Choi Hong-Man was pulled from the match) by submission (via strikes) in under two minutes.
first time someone has ever tapped out from ground and pound and it happened in 69 seconds.

i dont think mir has a chance honestly.

also nog is gonna own sylvia imo

Mir won his last fight handedly and the guy wans't a cupcake,

Heh, ill admit i forgot about his last fight. He DID look like the frank mir who used to be a champ.

but I'm not suprised you couldn't stop jerking off to "Only The Strong" long enough to know that...
Oh please. Give me a fucking break. At least I am not the only one here who can see you have the hots for Lesner.

What's it going to take for you to drop his cock out of your mouth?

lol - this would be the real owange.

All Silver does is talk about how great Lesner is, and how strong he is, and how powerful he is, and how flexible he is.

Its a little disturbing bro. If you have a thing for Lesner, just tell us.

No need to beat around the bush, talking about a sport you admittedly have no actual experience in, just to let us know you are into him.

you get on hondaswap, see a thread with Lesnar's name, in the title. Then you click the thread, read it, and get mad it's about Lesnar?

I think its more the fact that you cant stop talking about him.

so anyway....whats everyone think of the abbotvs slice fight?
we have discussed this one before.

i would rather pay $4.99 to watch it ONDEMAND if they put the two of them in a biker bar and they drank a bottle of wild turkey each.

they aren't fighters. they are brawlers. and they are like 50 years old each. definitely not mma.

they aren't fighters. they are brawlers. and they are like 50 years old each. definitely not mma.

Actually, back in the caveman era of MMA competition, they were the best fighters . . along with Ken Sham (scam?) rock.

I'll have to agree with cash on this one, abbot was one of the originals in the cage, sure he was primarily a striker but he fought with mma competitors and though he may not be consider an mma fighter he still greatly contributed to the hype and popularity of cage fighting to bring it where it is today. Don't be dogging the originals

i would rather pay $4.99 to watch it ONDEMAND if they put the two of them in a biker bar and they drank a bottle of wild turkey each.

abso-fucking-lutely!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
i would actually pay to see that fight

edit: *** that might be considered a "performance enhancing substance"... wouldnt want anyone getting disqualified :lamo:

Last edited:
The guy (Lesnar) is a former NCAA men's Heavyweight National Champion making his UFC debut, how is that not something to get excited over?

I'm not quite sure how I'm all over his jock, I haven't even predicted he'd win. What amazes me is how much hate you have for this guy. I'm trying to figure out if you hate him because he got the opportunity you can't earn, or if you ignorantly hate him simply because he used to get paid to wrestle. Either way it's a pathetic excuse at best.

I'm simply stoked to see what he can do, Dana knows this fight is hugely interesting that's why it's on Superbowl eve

Actually, back in the caveman era of MMA competition, they were the best fighters . . along with Ken Sham (scam?) rock.
shamrock was good. abbott was decent. abbott is only 10-13 in his mma career. he had no endurance. he knocked someone out early or got gassed and would submit.

And conversely, the amount of love you seem to have for him.

Every time there is a Lesner thread (except this one), who starts it?

Sorry Mr Sensationalist, reality owns you again

a search for "Lesnar" yielded 19 threads, 10 of which were started by me, some of them didn't even have Lesnar in the title

I think your obsession for me is remarkable, but whatever makes your life livable

a search for "Lesnar" yielded 19 threads, 10 of which were started by me, some of them didn't even have Lesnar in the title
Next time you try to defend yourself, don't bring up statistics that show you make way more topics on a subject than anybody else here does.

I think your obsession for me is remarkable, but whatever makes your life livable
Heh, ok . . . thats why more than half the "Silverchild threads" are started by me.

You fail.

what? Dude why do you give a fuck, did the mean wrestlers make fun of you in high school?

I also post 50% of the Football Threads as well, who appointed you Hobby Nazi?

Go bother Jeffie7 for starting cooking theads, or better yet wrap your hads together in ankle tape so you can't type

Ok, so I personally think this fight can go either way. However, after watching an interview with Lesnar, I hope Frank Mir breaks his arm. He's a great wrestler and incredibly strong, but he has NO respect for what BJJ is. I understand being confident/trash talking(to an extent), but he came off as a total prick. He talks about Frank Mir breaking Sylvias arm and says who cares, Sylvia got beat by a 40 year old who walks around at 197. Dude doesn't even realize that Randy Couture is a natural heavyweight that walks around at 225-230 and cut massive weight to fight at 205. On top of that I'd put money on Randy to beat his ass. Anyway, I'm not going to make any predictions because nobody knows who will win. But I'll say that I hope Brock gets a very rude awakening and is submitted in the 1st round.

what? Dude why do you give a fuck, did the mean wrestlers make fun of you in high school?

I also post 50% of the Football Threads as well, who appointed you Hobby Nazi?

Go bother Jeffie7 for starting cooking theads, or better yet wrap your hads together in ankle tape so you can't type

Take the ankle tape off your haNds first.

Way to fail x2.

EDIT: I like Jeffie's cooking threads.

cat fight

Ok, so I personally think this fight can go either way. However, after watching an interview with Lesnar, I hope Frank Mir breaks his arm. He's a great wrestler and incredibly strong, but he has NO respect for what BJJ is. I understand being confident/trash talking(to an extent), but he came off as a total prick. He talks about Frank Mir breaking Sylvias arm and says who cares, Sylvia got beat by a 40 year old who walks around at 197. Dude doesn't even realize that Randy Couture is a natural heavyweight that walks around at 225-230 and cut massive weight to fight at 205. On top of that I'd put money on Randy to beat his ass. Anyway, I'm not going to make any predictions because nobody knows who will win. But I'll say that I hope Brock gets a very rude awakening and is submitted in the 1st round.

:yes:

The fact that this un-technical, disrespectful asshat is entering the ring is a MAJOR step backwards for MMA. The fact that morons believe he is good is sickening.

His entry into the UFC is proof dana is only about the money.

He will beat Mir because Mir is a joke.

I was surprised by his interviews, how intelligent Mir is. Even fighters like Couture who are known as thinking man's fighters don't come off like remarkably bright people. Mir seems to have allot going on upstairs.

I think Brock is talking cause he's mad that allot of people see him as a pro wrestler entering MMA and not a former NCAA chmapion/2 time all american/NCAA champion runner up/2 time all Big-10 amateur wrestler.

There's an article about Lesnar's training on UFC.com, they rank his Jujitsu skills as "a solid blue belt"

I think Brock is talking cause he's mad that allot of people see him as a pro wrestler entering MMA and not a former NCAA chmapion/2 time all american/NCAA champion runner up/2 time all Big-10 amateur wrestler.

If the past is any indication of the future, WWF experience is the worst thing to do prior to an MMA career.

Case in point, Ken Shamrock.

That guy was the first UFC champ ever, he insane actual experience (unlike lesner). Then he chased after money in pro wrestling.

Then he came back to MMA and was worthless. He had gone soft, and it was obvious.

Why should Lesner's story be any different?

Back