Uh Oh!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

When I pulled the old sparkplug wires out of my b16'a head, I noticed that the the #2 cylender's sparkplug hole had some kind of liquid on it and the sparkplug wire for that sparkplug had this white stuff (looked like the calcium deposites you get in sinks and bathtubs) on it. Is this bad, or did some rain water just get into the hole??

Thanks

-Kai

I'm not sure about the liquid our side of the fact that if it's oil, or if you have standing water on your cylinder (use a flashlight and look) then ur in big trouble. About the "white stuff" assuming u didn't blow ur load when u realized the awesome power of the B16 it's prolly just oxidation on the plug, meaning that it's about time for a new set.

Thank you drive through

I'm pretty sure its water...I sopped some of it up with a paper towel and it smelled REALLY REALLYR REALLY (repeat 10000x) bad...I almost puked. I think something rotted in there. Is this really bad? What does it mean? please tell me!!!!!!!!! THanks.

if u have water in your cylinder, you probably have a blown headgasket

Is there anything else that is wrong with your ride other than water being in the #2 cylinder......i.e. like weird looking smoke coming from your exhaust?

r ur spark plug wires sealing around the ring thing on the valve cover? I seen a kid who put single cam wires on a dual cam and the seal ring thing on the plug wires is smaller, so when he drove in a lot of rain or washed his engine there was water down in these. also some times when u buy a jdm engine they power wash them and water gets in there because of such high pressure of the water.

^^^ that last thing you said is probably it...because I just recieved the engine...its a JDM b16a SiR 1. So I don't know if it smokes or anything, it doesnt run yet!

my old bosses ITR motor came with water down the spark plug holes, so thats how I knew. its a bitch getting it out isnt it?!?

Back