US Court jails NYTimes reporter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
With all the talk of the London attacks, this MORE dangerous story has gone almost unnoticed.

A New York Time reporter has been jailed for refusing to reveal her sources on who leaked the identity of that CIA agent.

Ms. Miller told the court she would not reveal her source no matter how long she was held in custody, saying that if reporters are not guaranteed confidentiality "then journalists cannot function and there cannot be a free press."

:werd:

Unfortunely she happens to be in possesion of information that is dangerous to someones life, and should give it up. There's a fine line between journalistic freedoms, and responsibility and the sad thing is most reports tend to er to the unresponsiblew side to sell a story instead of doing whats right, fuck her, let her rot in jail.

yeah, its not like its "who got to talk to xyz first about that house fire"

its about someone whos in deep shit, and the gov't can't do anything to help without said information.

freedom of the press or not-- its not like they stopped her from publishing it. patriot act that bitch and declare marshall law on her wack ass :p

Ya, thats one of those fine lines, like a priest in a confession box who just learns of a murder or something.

werd, let the bitch rot...

protecting someone in the white house or this administration should be considered treason...

just like outing a undercover cia operative should be penalized by DEATH...

Originally posted by DarkHand@Jul 7 2005, 03:35 PM
With all the talk of the London attacks, this MORE dangerous story has gone almost unnoticed.

[post=522073]Quoted post[/post]​

And I am sorry, but some twat trying to get more publicity for herself by making herself into a martyr, is no where near the news, or implications that the bombings in London are Many people are dead, and now the European Union has been directly attacked, this is going to be one of the most brutal onslaughts the world has seen in a long time, both in a physical and law/policy making instance as well as a tide in changing views that is going to lend a more US sort of view to things that the world has largely been avoiding. I don't think anyone will disagree that even though they have been fairly conservative in the present war, history has shown that Europe will not hestitate to turn the whole world into a battlefield.

Are Muslim extremists the new Nazis? Find out, tonight at 6.

Seriously though, They don't know who they're fuckin' with. Didn't they see what the US and UK did to Hitler? I mean, seriously!

There was that one hispanic guy on Comedy Central that did a sketch about the japanese calling up Osama right after 9/11...

"We fly ova' Perl Habuh! We drop many bomb, sink many ship. Fly home, cerabrate bigtime! We tink we win big victory! But no... we onry make dem angery! American come, not drop many bomb, not drop few bomb - dey drop two bomb."

I don't remember how it went exactly but it was really funny. His name was Carlos something.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 7 2005, 12:25 PM-->
@Jul 7 2005, 03:35 PM

[post=522073]Quoted post[/post]​

And I am sorry, but some twat trying to get more publicity for herself by making herself into a martyr, is no where near the news, or implications that the bombings in London are Many people are dead, and now the European Union has been directly attacked, this is going to be one of the most brutal onslaughts the world has seen in a long time, both in a physical and law/policy making instance as well as a tide in changing views that is going to lend a more US sort of view to things that the world has largely been avoiding. I don't think anyone will disagree that even though they have been fairly conservative in the present war, history has shown that Europe will not hestitate to turn the whole world into a battlefield.
[post=522124]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur:
this has the potential to get UGLY

and as for the dumb cunt trying to be a martyr.... fuck her.... if they really want to get the information out of her they will.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 7 2005, 10:54 AM
"We fly ova' Perl Habuh! We drop many bomb, sink many ship. Fly home, cerabrate bigtime! We tink we win big victory! But no... we onry make dem angery! American come, not drop many bomb, not drop few bomb - dey drop two bomb."..

"da bomb was-a so big, owa peenis geta smalla!"

Saw it too :D :D

But back on topic, Judith Miller is NOT the one who named the CIA operative, Robert Novak did that in his column. She was just another reporter with sources on the subject.

You cannot have a free press if you cannot keep your sources confidential. No one will step forward with incriminating information if they can't be anonymous. In my opinion, that's exactly what this was; a warning shot fired across the bow to shut anyone up who has damaging information about the current administration.

Ambassador Joseph Wilson, who helped protect over 100 Americans in the Baghdad embassy just before the first gulf war, who Bush Sr. calls 'A true hero' and 'A great American', has this to say on the subject:

The sentencing of Judith Miller to jail for refusing to disclose her sources is the direct result of the culture of unaccountability that infects the Bush White House from top to bottom. President Bush’s refusal to enforce his own call for full cooperation with the Special Counsel has brought us to this point. Clearly, the conspiracy to cover up the web of lies that underpinned the invasion of Iraq is more important to the White House than coming clean on a serious breach of national security. Thus has Ms Miller joined my wife, Valerie, and her twenty years of service to this nation as collateral damage in the smear campaign launched when I had the temerity to challenge the President on his assertion that Iraq had attempted to purchase uranium yellowcake from Africa. The real victims of this cover-up, which may have turned criminal, are the Congress, the Constitution and, most tragically, the Americans and Iraqis who have paid the ultimate price for Bush’s folly.

And I also stand by my previous statement that this is worse than the London bombings. As bad and as terrible as that event is, it pales in comparison to the loss of a free press in a supposed democracy.

Dude, it doesn't even compare. And this...
The sentencing of Judith Miller to jail for refusing to disclose her sources is the direct result of the culture of unaccountability that infects the Bush White House from top to bottom.

Where is her fucking accountability?

But back on topic, Judith Miller is NOT the one who named the CIA operative, Robert Novak did that in his column. She was just another reporter with sources on the subject.

Then she really doesn't have a leg to stand on, since it isn't even her story, she isn't protecting her journalistic freedoms. Like I said, that bitch rot. And fuck her for with holding information that could balance life and death for someone. Her giving up her "source" which is also someone elses source, is going to do nothing even close to stifle freedom of speech, or press.

Maybe she needs to have her horoscope realigned.

Either way, we know Rove did it, time to drag em out of the White House in cuffs.

Supposedly the rumors are circling that Rove may be indicted by next week.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Jul 7 2005, 02:42 PM
Either way, we know Rove did it, time to drag em out of the White House in cuffs.

Full chains would be better. :)

Despite what any of us feel on the subject, the bottom line of this whole thing comes down to the fact that if journalists can't keep their sources anonymous, no one will come out with anything. A free press, a free society, relies on anonymous whistleblowers to keep the powers that be in check.

Originally posted by DarkHand+Jul 7 2005, 11:20 PM-->
@Jul 7 2005, 02:42 PM

Full chains would be better. :)

Despite what any of us feel on the subject, the bottom line of this whole thing comes down to the fact that if journalists can't keep their sources anonymous, no one will come out with anything. A free press, a free society, relies on anonymous whistleblowers to keep the powers that be in check.
[post=522291]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, and the safety of people lives depends on people keeping their mouths shut with classified information, what's your point?

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck who it is, hang em. But reporters are a scum sucking lot, trying to further their careers with stories that have potentially dangerous side effect, and they have NO reguard in doing so, so I have no petty for them when they get their asses in a sling. Look at the cocksucker Geraldo, that tallywacking piece of shit has caused so much personal grief for people to further his ratings, NOT to mention, his fucking absolute brain fart on the mission in Iraq when he was drawing out a fucking sand table of an attack they were about to do on a live worldwide broadcast.

Once again, fuck the bitch, let her rot. I'm sure America will be just fine if she gives up her source. Do you really think that just because this twat gives up an important piece of information, that people aren't going to be gushing to tell their little secerts to reporters, if even for the inside knowledge that, that is THIER news story on TV? Haha yea right. One thing you can always count on is human vanity.

Back