V-afc Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kahulia

Well I finnaly did a Mini-Me swap on my Del Sol. (D15B7 bottom, D16Z6 head) After I did it, I swapped out the D15 computer with the D16 computer. The D16 computer was for an automatic transmission, but the car still ran fine. (There was a check engine light but it was for an automatic VTEC lock-up switch). After a while, I wanted to control the VTEC, so I bought a Apex'i V-AFC. It was installed at one of Apex's certified install places here in Denver, but now the car dosn't run right. There is a MONSTEROUS bog at the low end, basically meaning it's like theres no throttle response at all, and the car idle's all crazy now. Along with smelling like crap because the car is running super rich. I've tried to lean out the fuel curve but the V-AFC isn't responding and 4 shops here in Denver, including the one that installed it, can't tell me whats wrong with my car :angry: . Someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

if you dont make the check engine light go away it will run like crap...to get rid of it you need to add a resistor to the pin for the lock sol then ground it and the auto ecu will work just fine...if the problem still persists they screwed something else up

are the initial settings correct??

go to the "etc" menu..

and make sure it's on 4 cylinder with increasing throttle (arrow pointing up and right) and make sure the sensors are set to 6 in and 6 out

Back