V-tec Cams...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikehatch

please do it B.. i know you have the power.. pull the trigger..

you can get something very aggressive like skunk2 stage 3 cams... those will give some decent gains..

the cams are expensive because they are not regrinds...

if you want the reliability of a naturally aspirated car then you go that way.. but pay more for speed.

i dunno about 25 whp, maybe 15, and thats a stretch. If you go all motor, go with the itr or ctr (preferably the ctrs) simply because they, well, kick ass. Teyre cheaper than aftermarkets and they beat up on all other cams in low-mid and often high hp. If they do get beaten (which they often do) its not in a race, its in the last 1000 rpm on a dyno. Go turbo if you want to stomp the comp man. Its not always the most freindly around town and your engine may die faster but thats only if you dont take the necessary precautions.
peace

disagree to a certain extent, if you are going to run b/s cams like zex cams or sumthin like that then ctr and itr would be better but if you run skunk2 or jun, then you might as well throw the ctrs and itrs in the trash cause they don't even compair

Originally posted by hybridsol@Feb 23 2003, 11:34 AM
disagree to a certain extent, if you are going to run b/s cams like zex cams or sumthin like that then ctr and itr would be better but if you run skunk2 or jun, then you might as well throw the ctrs and itrs in the trash cause they don't even compair

that completely depends on your application

honda made them for a reason, to race. i would go with the ctr cams if you go all motor.

Back