V4 Features update and suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Jan 23 2004, 02:59 PM
1. In the main gallery page, perhaps an updated search feature, so you could search for Galleries my member names.

2. A tab to the gallery on the MainPage not just the board.

3. Perhaps a cap on the amount of gallery space ever member has, if there isnt already one, and a cap on individual pic sieze, to elimimnate life sized pics.

1. CTRL + F.
2. i'm sure that's coming.
3. read the thread before you post your suggestions.

as for me, it all sounds good. one think that i always wanted was a next button when browsing through pics in the gallerys, glad to hear that's gonna be covered. but i don't like the sound of hackin' down the size/quailty of pics 25%. it's fine for fucktards that don't know how to save shit, but for somebody that has a basic idea of how to export jpg's, it could be just kinda frustrating. it's really not needed with the new 2mb limit. if they wanna be able to save more pics in their gallery, then they should learn how to export them correctly.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jan 24 2004, 04:12 PM
but i don't like the sound of hackin' down the size/quailty of pics 25%. it's fine for fucktards that don't know how to save shit, but for somebody that has a basic idea of how to export jpg's, it could be just kinda frustrating. it's really not needed with the new 2mb limit. if they wanna be able to save more pics in their gallery, then they should learn how to export them correctly.

:withstupid:

Originally posted by mwvnos@Jan 23 2004, 07:00 PM
the 50 post thing seems like it may lead to alot of post whoring....but then again in might help out in some other ways, iv never used the gallery to host pics but i might start...

Yes, the post count limit does lend to post whoring. We get it all the time on JDMCivic.com. We have a 35 PC limit for classifieds, and there is always some kid going through "cool", "great" or just posting :) in threads just to get 35.

well, the 80% quality is and HAS always been on. would you even have noticed if i didn't say that? i doubt it.

Code:
function resizer_main($image, $dest_file_prefix,$w, $h){
global $use_imagecreatetruecolor, $use_imagecopyresampled, $IMG_ROOT, $JPG_QUALITY, $HTTP_POST_FILES;
$image_name = $HTTP_POST_FILES [$image]["name"];
$image = $HTTP_POST_FILES [$image]["tmp_name"];

if(trim($image) == "" || trim($image) =="none") return false;

$arr_img = image_from_upload($image);
	if( $arr_img["w"] != $w && $arr_img["h"] != $h){
 $wh	= get_sizes($arr_img["w"], $arr_img["h"], $w, $h);
 $img_res = img_get_resized(
 	$arr_img["img"], 
 	$arr_img["w"],	$arr_img["h"], 
 	$wh["w"], $wh["h"], 
 	$use_imagecreatetruecolor, 
 	$use_imagecopyresampled);