vacuum questions for h22 swap in 97 dx coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97h22dxcoupe

if there is no vacuum on motor will the motor sputter and act like its having dizzy or intake failure ?:confused:

yeah,it starts up and idles but real crappy and intake pops if i give it throttle and there is no vacuum set up ,didnt come with it ....

What does a vacuum gauge say, does it move or just nothing? What do you mean "pop" like a backfire? Any codes or anyother problems? Did you buy it like this or did you swap it and have tis problem.

there is no vacuum with the car ,so if there is no vacuum it will throw codes like 7,15,22 right? but just buying vacuum from a guy off this forum should get it in the next few days...

What do you mean " just buying vacuum from a guy off this forum should get it in the next few days..." You can post pictures of you intake manifold and i could see if there is any vacuum lines missing.

what i mean is THERE IS NO VACUUM AT ALL !!! and i had to get the wholeset up from a guy that swapped it out of his lude and had it just laying in his garage,so i got the pump,map,and all connecting lines and vales and assembly for full vacuum set up ,be cuz mine did not come on the jdm motor....

Okay, if you have no vacuum, then the car won't idle at all, exept if you kept your foot on the gas. If you weren't running a MAP, then that's why it would run rough and sputter, the old one could be back if you have one. So, just hook that up and see if it works.

well yeah i think that is the problem and im having a o2 sensor failing to work properly,but it is brand new off of my old y8 vtec or should i just buy a new one anyways?,but back to the map sensor so just wire that up and i should get a better idle response correct ?

The MAP sensor is one of the main sensors for AFR, so you are probably running extremely rich. Hook it up and it should help it alot. I say, just buy a new o2 sensor, because they are $30 and will help a ton. Any codes?

yeah igot a map sensor and all the vacuum for it and it is running alot better and tomorrow im getting a new o2 sensor and then ill be be alright then next week ill go get it tuned. thx

Back