vafc 450cc 6psi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2005, 04:42 AM
throw out the vafc, download crome or uberdata.
[post=543336]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: same cost if not less and done right, hard choice

if "fuel management" is bullshit, boosting is not for you.
happy blowing up :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2005, 07:56 AM
if "fuel management" is bullshit, boosting is not for you.
happy blowing up :)
[post=543400]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree. But teh VAFC is effective up to about 9 psi or so. If you are determined to use the VAFC, www.turbod16.com has TONS of info on the hack.

the hack works to an extent... sure.

but its still not the correct way to do it.

and i guarnatee, you will pick up 20 hp using crome or uberdata at the same psi level.

not to mention, honda ignition tables and boost don't go well together. its too much advance up top... and that msd BTM thing is worthless, as the computer goes into closed loop at WOT.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2005, 09:44 AM
the hack works to an extent... sure.

but its still not the correct way to do it.

and i guarnatee, you will pick up 20 hp using crome or uberdata at the same psi level.

not to mention, honda ignition tables and boost don't go well together. its too much advance up top... and that msd BTM thing is worthless, as the computer goes into closed loop at WOT.
[post=543446]Quoted post[/post]​

yes but the problem is getting the ECU chipped with crome...im still learning on fuel managment b4 my boosting and I have no clue in hell how to read a fuel map so I guess ill be hitting someone up here for a base starting fuel map :p yes turbd16.com does have alot on the hack but it most of the time caused erratic idle...

chipping an ecu is easy if you have a steady hand. i don't, so don't ask me to socket your ecu. :) you can buy a p28 socketed for under 140 bucks... and then you still have your stock one to re-sell or keep for emissions or a spare.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2005, 09:53 AM
chipping an ecu is easy if you have a steady hand.  i don't, so don't ask me to socket your ecu.  :)  you can buy a p28 socketed for under 140 bucks...  and then you still have your stock one to re-sell or keep for emissions or a spare.
[post=543454]Quoted post[/post]​

emissions? who has those LOL I dunno I know a friend that can solder but I dunno if I trust him with my ECU lol...I have a P06 now...I guess I coulda sell that and get SOME of the money back from the P28 I just need to find a P28 they are a dime a dozen nowadays...my friends got stolen out of his car..it wasn't hooked up it was in his trunk awaiting the engine to go with it lol

you can convert your p06 to a p28 with a few parts that you can order from xeoncron.com you can order the chipping kit from there as well. if your buddy actually knows how to solder, it's not that big of a deal.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Aug 22 2005, 11:07 AM
you can convert your p06 to a p28 with a few parts that you can order from xeoncron.com you can order the chipping kit from there as well. if your buddy actually knows how to solder, it's not that big of a deal.
[post=543510]Quoted post[/post]​

word

I been running the hack for over a year now and have no poblems! A D16z6 with t3/t4 @ 10 psi. I always been wondering why I had erratic idle, especially when warming up (-25%). Thanks :D . But I'm saving to get a AEM EMS or uberbata. A friend of mine is running the EMS and putting out 260 whp with a stock d16y8 boosted with Edelbrock turbo kit @ 14psi.

send me your ecuy and ill chip it and burn you a basemap.. 60 bucks for chipping and chip if its a p28. if i have too convert a po6 or something itll be a few dollars more.. just a thought...

Originally posted by gettocrx@Sep 16 2005, 06:12 PM
I been running the hack for over a year now and have no poblems! A D16z6 with t3/t4 @ 10 psi. I always been wondering why I had erratic idle, especially when warming up (-25%). Thanks :D . But I'm saving to get a AEM EMS or uberbata. A friend of mine is running the EMS and putting out 260 whp with a stock d16y8 boosted with Edelbrock turbo kit @ 14psi.
[post=555668]Quoted post[/post]​

if you've been saving then you should already have the money for crome or uber it's (free) all you need is cheap hardware...aem is WAY to expensive.....mr getto save your money for a nice WB....or sweet cheeba B)

Originally posted by formby+Sep 17 2005, 03:04 PM-->
@Sep 16 2005, 06:12 PM
I been running the hack for over a year now and have no poblems! A D16z6 with t3/t4 @ 10 psi. I always been wondering why I had erratic idle, especially when warming up (-25%). Thanks :D .  But I'm saving to get a AEM EMS or uberbata. A friend of mine is running the EMS and putting out 260 whp with a stock d16y8 boosted with Edelbrock turbo kit @ 14psi.
[post=555668]Quoted post[/post]​

if you've been saving then you should already have the money for crome or uber it's (free) all you need is cheap hardware...aem is WAY to expensive.....mr getto save your money for a nice WB....or sweet cheeba B)
[post=555960]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I know! But I'm hella broke! :(. I just dropped a b16 in my EG.. and finally workin on my crx again! I just recently learned about it! Where can we download uber or crome??

Back