valve springs + retainers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

what is a strong brand of aftermarket valve springs and retainers? Does anything really vary at all between different manufacturers?

Originally posted by PLA5151@Jul 8 2005, 11:15 PM
what is a strong brand of aftermarket valve springs and retainers? Does anything really vary at all between different manufacturers?
[post=523003]Quoted post[/post]​

:yes:

All brands are different, some better than others. Some brands use dual valvesprings, some use one. Crower claims to use the strongest titanium of any manufacturer, some companys use too high of a spring rate, some others, not enough. In my opinion, it is best to match your valvetrain with your cams... ie, crower cams = crower springs and retainers. Skunk 2 = skunk 2. etc.... All companys test their cams with their own springs, so you know the spring rate is correct for that amount of lift in that cam....

I would stay with crower, skunk 2, comp/zex, jun, and other well know brands... Stay away from no-namers like blox, etc....

I just installed portflow dual valve springs and TI retainers to my Bserise this weekend. Was not very difficult. Pretty stright foward. They are highly recomended by many experienced people on this site. I do understand what SOHC is saying and it makes sense by I would not solely base my opinion on it. It also (as everything does) has a lot to do with what you are planning to do with the car.

Back