Vortech Superchargers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

are vortech superchargers any good, i read that they can make 117 more hp on a b16...is that on stock internals?

Vortech makes quality stuff- they've been supercharging domestics for ages. The power gains they advertise on their site is on otherwise unmodified engines... so yes, stock internals. It takes a good bit of tuning too.

:D

Vortech superchargers are a centrifulgal (sp?) design, so you still have lag like you would with a turbo and a turbo you seem to make more power. Also, turbo's seem to have a lot more different ones, so you can get the one you want.

If you were wanting to go with that supercharger, then just go turbo. :) IMO, its better.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 11 2003, 02:29 AM
jackson > vortech

I disagree. It all depends on application and how you want your power curve to look. The Vortech isn't anywhere near as peaky as people would want you to believe...

uhh- isn't that what i jsut said? :) i think you forgot math dude

jackson OWNS vortech

does that make more sense to you now? hehe

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 11 2003, 03:00 AM
uhh- isn't that what i jsut said? :) i think you forgot math dude

jackson OWNS vortech

does that make more sense to you now? hehe

No, I remember math very well. Did you go through 4 semesters of engineering calculus? I don't think so. :p :p :p :p :p :p :lol:

The Jackson has its advantages... so does the Vortech. They're good for different applications. I'd probably run the JRSC at autocross, short 1/8 mile drag, and the Vortech on a fast road course or a 1/4 mile drag.

but the thing is- jackson OWNED to vortech in drag as well.

there was a video on clubsi when both units had just came out.
both near sotck 00 si's and the jackson car won by several car lengths.
and we both agree that the jackson is better for autox

ask steve- he saw it too

and i had 2 semesters of calc.

see the turbo forum where i talked about integration, forgot it all, and drew in MS paint :lol:

so i shouldnt go SC, but rather just turbo...this was going to be a dialy driver and i dont do autox

turbo owns superchargers of any kind IMO in all types of driving except autoX

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 11 2003, 06:45 AM
turbo owns superchargers of any kind IMO in all types of driving except autoX

Yup. JRSC where you need short bursts of acceleration also.

My Friends car in nys 99 si, had intake, header, exhaust ran 15.5
Then Vortech, Header, Exhaust ran 14.6

It has traction problems like most of the cars that have it ive heard of with it. its more a show piece than a performance mod if you want my $00.2

Turbos rule, and sc drule. at least for 4cl Honda Engines

Originally posted by cnydelsolhybrid@Feb 12 2003, 06:43 AM
My Friends car in nys 99 si, had intake, header, exhaust ran 15.5
Then Vortech, Header, Exhaust ran 14.6

It has traction problems like most of the cars that have it ive heard of with it. its more a show piece than a performance mod if you want my $00.2

Turbos rule, and sc drule. at least for 4cl Honda Engines

sisteves 00 si with a standard bolt on jackson and I/H/E went 13.8

there's enough proof for me

Forget the SC, go with Turbo. You can adjust the pressure easy, you can upgrade to as fast as you want,control traction with variable boost, no super high intake temps, i've had my turbo over a year now and drive about 60miles a day and have 96k on my engine, is that daily driver enouph for you? plus lets see you get a repair form jackson, ha!
turbo rules! :angry:

Back