Vote Vote Vote

best engine for

• Buy usdm H22 vtec, small mods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • swap Vtec head on stock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DiGiTal66

got a stock 92 Lude Si. new h23 motor only has around 40k on it. i'm only looking for around 200 to 220 hp range, so i'm not asking for much from either engines ( or head swap) but i also dont want to have my car at a shop for a couple weeks. i hope to do the work myself, but since i dont know shit about turbos, i'd havta do my studying up, and also will the h23 hold up to 6-7 psi without doing internals, and how much gain will i get from the turbo application. thanx to anyone who responds.
Dan

ps. if you want to, just vote, so atleast i get an overall opinion.
pss. plus i dont want to spend a fortune, maybe like 3k tops.

Stick with the H23, swapping in an H22A will cost more than 3k, you always have to spend money on broken parts, or forgot you needed this, this, this, and this. so, unless you could sell the H23 for some money after the H22A swap, stay with the H23.

boost your stock engine for sure!
go to http://www.ks-motorsports.com/index.php?pa...bff83a42e313988 .
get the h-series kit with hondata 200 + boost capability.
get an exhaust.
tune hondata.
call it a day.

it might cost a 'lil over 3k... after tuning and all. but it will be more than worth it, you will not have a problem on stock internals and you'll have well over your target HP.

Back