Vtec ecu running Non-Vtec engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Utrax42

I have a P28 ecu and am wondering if it will run my non-vtec D15B7 engine? I have the ecu for the D15B7 but its for an Automatic, and my car is now set up for Manuel.
I'm rebuilding my D16Z6 and need a temporary (4 weeks tops) engine. I tried some searches and I'm pretty sure it should work but I thought I'd ask before I start a swap. Thanks!

for real, someone please post a technically solid answer to this if possible. what is the difference between the 2 maps of the p28 and the p06? what happens when the engine reaches vtec engagement rpm, and the ecu squirts more fuel.. can the b7 head move it? or will it just go ultra-rich? someone who has done this please!!!

Ive been running my spoon chipped P28 in my non-vtech D15B7 and I haven't had any problems. It runs a little rough right when I start it but other than that, I Can't tell a single difference. It's been like a week and a half now, no problems. But my Distributor did just die on me. not at random, but most likely (99.9%) due to me attempting to install a tach, lol.

D16y7 with y8 intake manifold, it's a non vtec engine, but I'm planning by next week to have a chipped vtec obd1 ecu. I'm hoping it works quicker Than a stock ecu

Lol i'm thinking a stock NON-VTEC d15 engine in my 93 civic hatch with a P28 vtec ecu cause my P06 took a shit on me. My car runs just fine, if anything it actually runs better and stronger. Only problem i have is starring at the annoying check engine light.

theres alot of factors here... if your car runs better with a d15 non vtec ecu something is horribly wrong..... yes you will have a cel and the map is completely different along with AF curves, if you dont want your shit to die get the correct ecu or p28 flashed to the right map

Back