vtec engagment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was wondering if you could feel the vtec on a jdm zc sohc vtec, i just got this car so any help will be appreciated it just dont feel like it is making the power it is supose to I have a p28 ecu

pretty much the same as a Z6
no you cant really feel it and you can KINDA hear it if you are really listening for it

I'm not sure but depending on some mod you can sort feel it kicks in. i just did a full swap d16z6 for my girlfriend lil bro 92 civic hb, and his vtec kicks in pretty hard and early too(4600). All he has is a msd ignition, a 4-2-1 no cat exhaust and he did his own port and polish.

well, going from 98-102 hp is a huge power jump, i know.. so if you feel it, you must have uber sense in your back.

hell, you can't 'feel' it in a b16 either.

hear it, sure.
but the car doesn't all of a sudden fast-and-furious-hit-the-nos-style throw you in the seat

Yeah well it was my first swap and my first time driving a vtec car. ALso he went from a cx motor to a ex motor. and your right you can't really feel vtec in a b16.

nor can you in an ITR, h22, or anything else.

unless you tuned so improperly, the transition should be completely smooth. there is next to no gain or loss of power or torque at the very instant of transition.

exactly a vtec crosssover should just be a nice continuous surge of torque from the motor.

But I know some people that like to have there cars tuned to really "feel" a pretty good jolt from vtec, some people find that a little more "fun" :lol:

Back