Vtec oil pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

japspec01

Is it pointless to buy a complete vtec oil pump. I was thinking that I could just use the ls oil pump housing and change the oil pump gears to a vtec one. Doesn't that make sense. I guess you would need to swap the oil pump pressure spring or reg it to give more pressure.

the problem is finding just the gear and spring (in good condition and without the housing mind you) without having to go to the dealer and spend mucho dinero

matt

Well they sell aftermarket oil pump gears that are better than stock. You can also mess with the LS spring to give alittle more pressure. Is their anyone on this forum that has try to do this?

the problem is you didn't ask enough of a question.

are you trying to put this in a non-vtec LS/crv block?

Yes I'm putting together a LS/vtec block. I was just trying to make the question as plan as I can so no one would change the subject. I see that happens alot on forums. I think the oil pump housing is the same. I think that the different in a ls and vtec pump is the gear and spring. I'm not 100% if this is correct but if that was the case, Why spend money on buying a whole oil pump when it would be cheeper to buy the vtec oil pump gears and put it in the ls oil pump housing?

Back