Vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Qwikcivic

Im running a OBD2 GSR motor in my civic with the stock P28 ECU. I used the GSR wiring harness. I did not add any wires. Is my VTEC working? Because im not sure!

Oh you put it in your civic,huh?Well that would depend,maybe,on if it was a model with vtec and you hooked up the harness.Please be a little more specific.

Well like I said I am using the stock P28 which came with the si models, so therefor my car is an si. (P28 also came in the ex model)

Originally posted by Qwikcivic@Jan 26 2003, 08:48 AM
Well like I said I am using the stock P28 which came with the si models, so therefor my car is an si. (P28 also came in the ex model)

Look,if you want answers be specific with your info.Maybe stock P28 means si to you,but since you yourself said it also comes in the ex,you shot yourself in the foot.To anyone here it could mean stock with the motor,car,or not chipped.So the answer to your question is yes ------> provided you hooked up the knock sensor from the motor,if not it will run in safe mode and not engage vtec <------ since all the si's since 92 came with vtec,of course that is assumimg you hooked the harness up right.

Back