WA road salt. rust or traction? i choose rust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fuck man, that hurt my ears. it sounded like gunshots. stupid people need to learn you can't steer if you have your brakes and wheels locked up.

i still love the bmw just driving through it like its nothing at the end. lol

The snow this year fawkin sucks. I had to leave my car at a park ride for a nite cause the snow hit so fast and so hard that I couldnt make it home. My cars been stuck in my driveway for 4 days now too. I spent close to an hour tryin to dig it out yesterday, and I could only manage to move it about 6 inches.

its called snow tires people. its pretty simple concept. using azenis in the snow isn't going to work.

looks like a 1/4" of ice coated roads with a few inches of snow...add some hills, toss in a few cars driven by idiots, and you have ...something fun to watch.

Why even be out in weather like that?

you can always tell the people who arent from a snow area ;)

snow driving is fun especially after 8pm (that seems to be the magic time when all the people who shouldnt be out driving in the snow have all gotten the hell off the roads, leaving them open to people who want to drive around playing in the snow and plow trucks)

its called snow tires people. its pretty simple concept. using azenis in the snow isn't going to work.

Snow tires in snow? Are you serious? That is the dumbest thing Ive ever herd.

Ya your right thats all I need. Its not the 6 inches of snow hangin up on my 3 inches of ground clearance.

you can always tell the people who arent from a snow area ;)

snow driving is fun especially after 8pm (that seems to be the magic time when all the people who shouldnt be out driving in the snow have all gotten the hell off the roads, leaving them open to people who want to drive around playing in the snow and plow trucks)

There's a difference between snow and ice. We've had both here, and trust me, if the roads were that slick, I wouldn't be out...unless I had those metal studded tires.

<-Had my fair share of driving in the snow, and ice.

ice and black ice are the devil.
that 1st vid is messed up, cars on ice, 3 cars doing so much damage. and the 2nd vid, i liked it when the ppl bailed, and the one girl bailed into the path of cars. lol.
i phrased it wrong, traction or no rust.
its one thing for chicago to cut back on salt due to $, but WA for the environ, idiots, natural selection. bet the oil and coolant from accidents is good for mama earth. but i guess they think cars are evil anyways.
the car crash noise is a nasty one.

We don't use salt up here. We just drive properly equipped vehicles and drive for the conditions. Plus, when it's winter 9 months out of the year, you get lots of practice.

Haha, yea that's why I haven't been out in my car. Took it to get gas like 3 miles down the road just to see how bad the roads were, I'm not taking it out again.

The van does fine in the snow, it's big and heavy. I have yet to have any "Oh shit" moments driving it in the snow. We also don't have any hills near us so I haven't had to deal with any of those. If we did have hills I'd say fuck it and just walk if I needed to go anywhere.

I just got back from a friends house and we have been geting freezing rain and just dicking around slid right past my driveway.:D

We have a shit ton of snow here. I'm not sure how deep it is at my house, it's got to be close to 3 feet deep in my back yard. Seems like I'm spending my time cleaning around the outside of the house lately, its been a bitch.

Yet I can still say that I have yet to get stuck, or have an accident. I've seen probably 100+ stuck vehicles and close to 50 wrecks in the past week. Washington drivers lose all ability to function properly on the road when the snow hits the pavement.

Back