Walbro issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

I just installed a walbro 255lph fuel pump in my 91ef9...my issue is I thought my car had broke down last night on my way home from work because it felt like I was losing power as if I was empty but I had abt a quarter tank...after hours of checking it out its because the walbro fuel pump is a lil bigger and sits higher than the factory one...my question is I was curious is it possible to have my fuel gauge to read as it used to...cuz now a quarter tank is empty...lemme know if there is a solution to this issue...

The pump would have nothing to do with it, unless well installing it you bent the arm and float that measure how much fuel is in the tank.

So its possible that it should read normal...my friends said that it's normal since it's bigger and sits a lil higher...

just curious, whats done to the car that you need a Walbro 255?

i had a mild built b16 and a walbro 190 was plenty..

Nothing really...just b18c, sri, type r manifold...but my car had an idling problem once it got warm and I would have to keep tapping the gas pedal so it wouldn't shut off...and since I got it installed I have not had an issue...is it bad to have the walbro 255 without modifications???

Not bad at all to install one.

It's normal for the wallbro and TRE fuel pump to sit higher. I learned this a long time ago just like you did and I installed many of the two to customer car. I can't say about other brand.

On my own car I used the suction filter from my old oem piece and fitted it to the TRE, I also pulled on the bracket down a bit. I hasn't given me any issue for 4yrs now.

its just a little overkill for a basically stock motor.. probably whines like a virgin hooker too

I also filled up my gas tank and already drove 150 miles and the fuel gauge is still at F...why is this???i never had this issue before...

I would check your install job.

When I put my 255 in....it was the exact same size as my OEM pump....although my car is a 92 Civic Si (EH3)

Check the way you mounted the whole unit back into the gas tank. But its pretty hard to mess it up.

I'm gonna have to check it out this weekend...is it possible it can be the floater which is under the rear seat???

Yes...the whole install happens under the rear seat.

The floater may be stuck but I would check the filter bag and make sure it is attached correctly too.

Back