Wanna buy a REAL car ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

meh, i've seen shells in seattle for around 10-12k. but you're right, retail in parts and labor is a shitload.

that just happens when they want to clear space. top secret dumps their cars pretty cheap too.

effin sweet...

_mg_1759.jpg

that Radical SR-8. must have a ford engine in it. It has the same transaxle as the ford GT and i just built one of these at work about 2 weeks ago.

think this would buff out i would like to buy it if it will buff out with little elbow grease and compound

img_0059b.jpg

that Radical SR-8. must have a ford engine in it. It has the same transaxle as the ford GT and i just built one of these at work about 2 weeks ago.

the SR8 is actually using a Powertec RPA (2.6) or RPB (2.8) V8 engine... it is essentially 2 Hayabusa heads combined on a custom block, making a V8

i havent seen the SR8 in person yet, but the SR3/4/5s are amazing to see on the track... and they are road legal in the UK

they have a bunch of interesting stuff
http://www.radicalextremesportscars.com/

Last edited:
30K for the S15?! Good Lord! If you want them REAL cheap, go over to Japan, you can find people who sell them for 10k, and that would be expensive. Then, however, you simply triple the price to have it shipped over, and voila! :p

30K for the S15?! Good Lord! If you want them REAL cheap, go over to Japan, you can find people who sell them for 10k, and that would be expensive. Then, however, you simply triple the price to have it shipped over, and voila! :p

did you even read whats done to it? lol

just the acid dip and frame stick is worth 20 grand

the SR8 is actually using a Powertec RPA (2.6) or RPB (2.8) V8 engine... it is essentially 2 Hayabusa heads combined on a custom block, making a V8

i havent seen the SR8 in person yet, but the SR3/4/5s are amazing to see on the track... and they are road legal in the UK

they have a bunch of interesting stuff
Home - Radical Sportscars

well im almost positive that that is a ricardo/Ford GT transaxle

well im almost positive that that is a ricardo/Ford GT transaxle

from the looks of it they are using an in-house Powertec transaxle... but that doesnt mean its not based on, or a redesign of the ford model

SR8 Supersport/LM Standard Features

• Two-seater, powder-coated carbon steel spaceframe chassis with integral safety cell - complying with FIA Production Sports Car Safety Structure test
  • Aluminium honeycomb front crash structures complying with FIA Production Sports Car Crash Test
  • Removable forward facing steel chassis stays
  • 77 litre foam-filled aluminium fuel tank mounted behind the driver within the safety cell
  • Fully adjustable pedal box
  • Driver seat-belt complying with FIA requirements
  • Powertec RPA 72° 2.6 litre V8 engine with integral 4 pump oil scavenge system, 2 oil pressure pumps and rotating vane water pump
  • Engine performance - 380bhp, 225ft/lbs 10,500rpm
  • Eight butterfly fuel induction system with composite ram-air box
  • Integral bell-housing and engine oil tank
  • Lightweight steel flywheel and twin plate clutch
  • Stainless steel manifold and exhaust system with twin silencer
  • Powertec P-Tec six-speed sequential transaxle, interchangeable gear sets with torque-biasing limited-slip differential for seamless diff lock-up.
  • Powertec transmission oil pump and radiator.
  • Fully adjustable Nik suspension system front and rear - unequal length top and bottom wishbones, fabricated uprights, forged steel centre lock hubs and interchangeable anti-roll links
  • Single-adjustable, mono-tube, titanium-bodied, low-friction, coil-over dampers
  • Radical four-pot calipers front and rear
  • 280mm dia. × 25mm, 48 vane floating front and rear discs.
  • Radical centre lock, cast aluminium wheels - 8" × 15" dia. front and 10.5" × 16" dia. rears
  • Dunlop purpose-designed slick tyres.
  • Six-piece lightweight fibre-glass bodywork with self-coloured gel coat finish
  • Owners name on side of cockpit
  • High downforce composite front diffuser with removable, high nose, low-drag front section.
  • Central brake cooling duct connected to carbon composite brake cooling shrouds.
  • Wheel arch louvres front and rear
  • Rear view mirrors
  • Quick-release front cockpit fairing
  • Composite side pods with air management system and radiator inlet
  • Composite side-skirts
  • Removable composite tail section with integral engine induction intake and ventilation grilles.
  • Carbon composite bi-plane rear wing with aluminium end plates
  • High-downforce composite rear diffuser
  • Rear brake and fog lights
  • Moulded composite, high-sided, drivers and passenger seats with adjustable mounts.
  • Carbon-composite dash surround
  • Quick release steering wheel with collapsible column
  • Radical display unit incorporating an LED analogue rev counter, gear indicator, shift light, four LCD displays of engine parameters/speed and warning lights
  • Dash-mounted brake bias adjuster.

SR8 Supersport/LM Optional Features

The Radical SR8 Supersport/LM Optional Features are listed below. Select your optional specification below and submit your enquiry. Once we have your enquiry, one of our local Sales Team will contact you with regard to your selection.
Optional Features on the SR8 Supersport/LM:
Left-hand drive option
2.8l 460bhp RPB Powertec engine (upgrade)
Hot Climate Cooling system
Pneumatic, paddle-actuated gear shift with auto-blipper system
Lightweight carbon-composite bodywork (upgrade)
Le Mans-style carbon composite mirrors (upgrade)
Race lighting set – twin headlights with LED driving lights, triple rear lights and indicators
Radical decal set
Triple adjustable mono-tube titanium shock absorber (upgrade)
Air jack system (including 3 x jacks, lance and hose kit)
Race logger/dash - liquid crystal display, 8mb memory, 11 inputs, G-sensor
Full car logger/dash - liquid crystal display, 16mb memory, 16 inputs, G-sensor
Steering wheel logger - Integrated logger / display, 4 programmable button, 16mb memory, 12 inputs, integrated GPS module
Passenger six-point seat belt - FIA approved
Vinyl driver and passenger seat inserts
Leather driver and passenger seat inserts - embroidered with SR8 and drivers name
FIA specification 77-litre (20 US gallons) fuel cell (upgrade)
Dry-break re-fuelling system (including dump can & stand)
Forward stay head protectors - FIA shock-absorbing foam (pair)
Carbon-composite head restraint with FIA shock-absorbing foam
Manually-activated fire extinguisher system (upgrade)
Electrically-activated fire extinguisher system (upgrade)
Cockpit cover (vinyl)
Tailored car dust cover (cotton)

i researched it a little today i appears to be a porsch transaxle.

well we have like 10 more built trans from a ford gt if any one is in the market for one

i researched it a little today i appears to be a porsch transaxle.

well we have like 10 more built trans from a ford gt if any one is in the market for one
Details ? primarily cost ?

Back