water pump vs ice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16coupe

well incase you were wondering, the ice won. I didn't have any anti-freeze in my motor and the temperature dropped into the 20's and the water froze. So I start my engine this morning and I can hear the water pump chopping ice, and I was like oh shit. I get out and look under hood and don't see any water comming out so I thought it was ok. So then I drive down the road and my car is overheating so I pull over and pop the hood to see water dripping right under the crank pulley. So I had my car towed home and I need a new water pump.

Now my question is what water pumps will fit on the b16a sir-II?

Thanks.

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Jan 19 2005, 12:29 PM
Timing Belt

I think that should be what you need.

I got that sit from 95RedSiGal. Preety good stuff there.
[post=447988]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree but you can get them cheaper than that.

I just got back from 2 advanced autos and one auto zone and they all had 99 civic si pumps but they weren't right. So I just asked advanced to order a 94 del sol vetc pump.
Damn, I hate learning leasons the hard way.

Originally posted by ryan89crx@Jan 19 2005, 07:36 PM
hopefully the frozen water didnt crack your block or radiator
[post=448301]Quoted post[/post]​

pop-out plugs should help prevent that.

i had the same thing happen to me recently. i ended up getting my water pump and alternator belt replaced. i paid like $270 to have it fixed which was ALOT less than what i thought i was gonna have to pay. i supplied the new water pump and anti-freeze but had to pay extra for the alternator belt.

when mine busted, water was coming out from where the water pump froze up and busted. this happened in 4 degree temperature. when i went to have it fixed, they had to melt the water that was in the overflow tank before they could empty it. they fixed it and its been running good since.

its suggested that you replace your timing belt while you are at it. i didnt have mine replaced but i did ask them to check it and it was fine according to them.

take my advice, spend the $$ and buy anti-freeze. its supposed to be used for a reason and the reason its used is because it does what its supposed to do....if that made any sense.

I've got an almost-brand-new (less than 50 miles) ITR water pump if you want it....$50

Thanks man but I ordered one earlier today, but if it isn't right I'll get in touch with ya.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Jan 19 2005, 05:18 PM-->
ryan89crx
@Jan 19 2005, 07:36 PM
hopefully the frozen water didnt crack your block or radiator
[post=448301]Quoted post[/post]​

pop-out plugs should help prevent that.
[post=448333]Quoted post[/post]​

ya, but they dont work all the time, ive seen a couple frozen/cracked blocks where the freeze plugs didnt even budge. but then again, they werent hondas.

yea your block wont take the 99-00 si pumps the one that fits your block will be one from a dohc del sol b16a3

Back